Chapter 18

There are some things that Yu Zhou can't ask a little girl. Since Aunt Chen also came out later, she must know as much as Xiao Juan. He pondered for a moment and looked into the yard again, "Is your grandma at home?"

"In the main room." Xiao Juan said, "She asked me to wait here. When she saw you come back, she told you that Aunt Gui had come."

Yu Zhou: "I'll go talk to your grandma."

"Okay." Xiao Juan stepped aside obediently so that Yu Zhou could go into the yard.

When the two entered the main room, Aunt Chen was resting with her eyes closed on the recliner by the door. Xiao Juan walked in front and stopped when she saw her. She turned her head and lowered her voice and said, "Brother Yu Zhou, my grandma is sleeping."

"Zhou boy, right?" Aunt Chen slowly opened her eyes with a clear look in her eyes, without any sleepiness at all.

After she glanced at Yu Zhou, she pointed behind the threshold and said, "Put down the backpack and sit down to talk."

Yu Zhou did as he was told. After sitting down, he rubbed the back of his neck and said, "Xiaojuan told me about Aunt Gui's visit. I want to ask you to help me with what I am going to do next."

Aunt Chen nodded gently, then turned around and told Xiaojuan who was standing at the door, "You go to the yard to guard. In addition to your parents, if anyone else comes, call them."

After sending Xiaojuan out to guard, she sat up straight and looked at Yu Zhou and said, "Don't you want to get married for the time being?"

"Yes," Yu Zhou was quite surprised. He didn't expect Aunt Chen to see this. He felt more and more that it was right to come to Aunt Chen to discuss it. "You see, I can only barely stutter now. If I get married, I can't even afford a wedding dress."

He didn't dare to say that there was another reason why he didn't want to get married for the time being, which was that he felt that the relationship was not that good yet.

During this time of traveling here, just how to survive has consumed almost all of his mind, and he really doesn't have that much energy to think seriously about love.

It is undeniable that he has a good impression of Jinchuan, otherwise he would not have accepted the purse that day. However, if he chooses to get married immediately because of being provoked, it is not only too hasty, but also a kind of lack of confidence and irresponsibility in their relationship.

His ideal state should be that when he is not so tight on money and his income can afford a family, the two of them can do everything they should do naturally.

"Your thinking makes sense," Aunt Chen nodded in agreement, then changed the subject, "Then do you know the fundamental reason why Yu Gui's wife dared to speak to Jinchuan like that today?"

Yu Zhou: "I just want to ask you about this."

Aunt Chen: "Tell me your thoughts and plans first."

Yu Zhou's understanding of this world is limited, and the response he came up with is also summarized based on the only information, so he is afraid that there is something wrong, and he is not confident when he speaks, "Aunt Gui dared to say this to Jinchuan because he is not a member of our village, to be precise, he is not a member of my family. So even if he is said that, Jinchuan has no tenable identity to refute it."

As he said this, he lowered his eyes slightly. The education he received since childhood made him always believe that as long as he is self-reliant and self-reliant, he can get through it well, and others can't say much. So when he said this, it always felt a little weird.