Chapter 9

Jinchuan stood there stiffly after hearing this. It took him a long time to find his voice. He blinked quickly and asked, "Return it to her?"

Yu Zhou saw his unbelievable look and was also brought into a somewhat awkward atmosphere. He nodded and said "hmm".

"Why do you want to return it?" Jinchuan asked in a daze.

"This..." Yu Zhou touched the back of his neck, "The engagement was made by my parents when I was seven or eight years old. At that time, both families thought it was suitable. Now more than ten years have passed, and they think it is not suitable, so they can naturally choose to cancel it."

Jinchuan's expression was complicated: "You..."

"It's not me." Yu Zhou interrupted hurriedly. He had the memory of the original body falling into the water, and knew how depressed the original body was after the girl broke off the engagement. He would never let the scumbag put the blame on himself, even for a moment.

"I didn't think it was you," Jinchuan muttered softly. He had never thought that Yu Zhou would be the one who betrayed him. He just felt unfair for Yu Zhou. "Why should you agree to break off the engagement when she wants to?"

Although he couldn't sleep the night before because Yu Zhou was engaged to someone else, when he found out that the girl wanted to break off the engagement, he was angry instead of happy. How could she do this...

"Since she has a good match," Yu Zhou wanted to say that he didn't care, but when he thought that the original body cared, he changed to a more tactful way. "Why should I force it?"

Jinchuan lowered his eyes slightly, "How can anyone be better than you."

"You can't lie just because we have a good relationship," Yu Zhou laughed dumbly, "I have lived here for two days. You should know that if it weren't for Uncle Chen's family's help, I would have starved to death."

"There must be a reason." Jinchuan secretly raised his eyelids and looked at Yu Zhou. After these few days of contact, he thought that if there was no unsolvable difficulty, with Yu Zhou's personality, it would be impossible for him to make his family like this.

Yu Zhou shook his head and said with a smile, "I didn't realize you were the kind of person who would help your relatives but not your family."

"I didn't..."

"Okay, if you don't, then don't." Yu Zhou didn't argue about these meaningless things anymore. He still had a hot potato in his hand. "I'll go find Aunt Chen first."

Jin Chuan's eyes quickly turned and he said, "Let's go together. I just have something to do with Aunt Chen."

Yu Zhou raised his eyebrows, "Weren't you going to the house just now?"

"Oh, I just wanted to go in and tell you that I'm going to Aunt Chen's house." Jin Chuan looked calm and not panicked at all.

"Then let's go together." Yu Zhou smiled silently and didn't expose his words. He thought it was just to follow him to listen to gossip, which was not a big deal.

After all, there was a great lack of entertainment here, so it was normal for people to be a little curious.

Jin Chuan thought Yu Zhou believed that he was going to find Aunt Chen, so he followed happily.

When the two arrived at the Chen family next door, Aunt Chen was sewing with Xiaojuan in the yard, Uncle Chen and Chen Feng were repairing farm tools, and Aunt Chen was basking in the sun nearby. The family chatted casually.

When Aunt Chen saw Yu Zhou and Jinchuan coming in together, she was stunned for a moment and hurriedly greeted them, "Come in and sit down."

After that, she turned around and told Xiaojuan, "Go get a stool and pour a glass of water for your brother Yu."