Chapter 73

Case

The county exam started on February 16th and ended on the 20th, with the last case scheduled for February 26th.

The day after the exam, Yu Zhou took Jinchuan and Xiao Chenchen back home.

In the next few days, the family of three stayed in their own small courtyard and did not go anywhere. Anyway, they had food at home, and the vegetables in the small vegetable garden in the courtyard were enough for them to eat.

I don’t know if the villagers were reminded by the head of the village or for other reasons, but no one came to their house to ask questions. Except for a few people from the Chen family who occasionally came to visit, there were no other guests.

As for the Chen family, if Yu Zhou didn’t say it himself, they would not take the initiative to mention anything related to the exam.

A few days passed in a flash, and on the afternoon of the 25th, Yu Zhou took Jinchuan and Chenchen to the town again. But this time they did not stay in the He Mansion, but stayed in the teahouse they had chosen before.

On the way to the town, Yu Zhou held Chenchen in his arms, and Jinchuan carried Chenchen's goat milk and other things he needed at night.

Seeing her husband holding his son on the road, looking here and there, as if strolling in a leisurely way, Jinchuan still couldn't help it, and casually mentioned something related to the exam, "Husband, what do you think about the candidates admitted to this county exam?" Any guesses on the ranking?”

Yu Zhou glanced at Jinchuan, then looked at his son in his arms and said with a smile, "I thought your father would hold back and not ask."

Jinchuan snorted, "Isn't the case going to be reported soon? I'm curious whether the result of my husband's guess will be the same as the county exam result, is that not okay?"

"Okay, okay, okay," Yu Zhou agreed with a smile, but then changed the subject and asked, "Aren't you worried that I won't be admitted?"

Jinchuan raised his chin proudly, "Not to mention that I am confident in my husband's knowledge, even based on my understanding of my husband, if he felt that he didn't do well in the exam, how could he have lived so leisurely these days?"

Yu Zhou laughed a few times, stretched out a finger for Chenchen to pinch, and then said, "Although I don't know all the scholars who will take the county exam this time, as long as their knowledge is not too bad, I have met most of them in various places in the past two years, and combined with the difficulty of the questions in this county exam.

Jinchuan raised his eyes and looked at Yu Zhou, his eyes full of helplessness, "My husband has said so much, but he didn't talk about himself."

"As for me..." Yu Zhou said slowly, "I should be in the top ten."

Jinchuan's eyes suddenly widened. He knew his husband very well. Before he formally studied with Master Wen two years ago, although he had good handwriting and could write gripping stories, it was no exaggeration to say that his knowledge was a mess. His husband couldn't even memorize the Four Books, which were the first books that scholars memorized.

In the past two years, he certainly knew how hard his husband studied, but it was only two years.

If he entered the top ten of the county exam like this, enjoying a higher honor than ordinary county exam candidates, it would probably attract the envy or even jealousy of many scholars.

He had not forgotten the climbing meeting two years ago, but some people thought that his husband was not even qualified to participate.

But on second thought, if I really made it into the top ten in the county, my name would be hung in the front row of the long desk, and I would be very famous.