Chapter 16

"How many straight peach tree branches can there be?" Chen Feng rolled his eyes, "So many requirements, choose it yourself."

After that, he took Yu Zhou to the firewood pile behind the house, pointed to the two smaller bundles of firewood on top and said, "Here, these are all."

Yu Zhou was not polite, and took all the two bundles of firewood to the ground. After choosing for a long time, he finally chose a straight stick without branches.

After putting the rest back in place, he said, "Then I'll go back first."

"Do you want a small carving knife?" Chen Feng asked.

"Yes," Yu Zhou answered without thinking. He only had a kitchen knife and a hatchet at home. Neither of these two knives was suitable for cutting hairpins, but... Yu Zhou raised his eyebrows, "You actually have this kind of thing at home?"

"I like to make these little things, so of course I have to prepare all the tools." Chen Feng said proudly, "If you don't know how to do it, you can also ask me."

Yu Zhou had made wooden knives and wooden swords when he was a child, but this was the first time he made a peach wood hairpin, so he nodded and said, "Okay."

After Chen Feng took two small knives of different styles from the house and gave them to Yu Zhou, he waved his hand to indicate that he could go back, and whispered, "I didn't expect that you, Yu Zhou, would be so considerate one day."

He was short-handed, and maybe he still had something to ask the other party, so Yu Zhou didn't care about his innocuous words.

Because he planned to give the things to Jinchuan after they were finished, Yu Zhou hid the peach wood branch and carving knife behind him when he was still outside the yard, and tiptoed into the main house.

This is his territory, just like the side house is Jinchuan's territory. Even if they need to find each other, they will knock on the door to call people out, or stand at the door to talk, and will not go into the house.

If you carve a hairpin here, you don't have to worry about Jinchuan finding it halfway.

Because it's the first time to make a hairpin, the simpler the better.

Yu Zhou drew a slender and round hairpin body on the paper, and after looking at it for a while, he added a little cloud-shaped hook at the end.

It's not difficult to do this, and the finished product will feel simple and generous.

After the drawing was finished, Yu Zhou didn't delay and immediately started to carve the peach wood branch.

The house was quiet, with only a rustling sound when the blade cut through the wood. The shadow under the eaves was getting longer and longer because of the movement of the sun, but Yu Zhou was unaware of it and only focused on his work.

Until he heard Aunt Chen calling him in the yard, Yu Zhou suddenly woke up from his concentration.

At this time, the wooden hairpin in his hand had already taken shape.

Yu Zhou rubbed his stiff neck, thought for a while, put the hairpin in the cabinet, and then walked out of the main house.

Just at this time, Jinchuan also heard the sound and came out of the house. Yu Zhou unconsciously looked at his hair tied with coarse cloth.

After coming to his senses, he immediately turned his head and walked towards Aunt Chen who was standing at the gate of the yard, "Aunt, what do you want to talk to me about?"

"If you go to town, go to town. Why did you buy meat for me?" Aunt Chen said in feigned anger.

Yu Zhou touched the back of his neck which was still a little uncomfortable, and said with a smile: "Aunt's family has taken care of me a lot. Now that I can make money, of course I have to give back to Aunt, and this is not just my idea."