Chapter 124: For My Brother

Yu Zhou was relieved when he heard that Zhou Ning was about to give birth. He took Jinchuan to sit on the chair beside him and poured three cups of tea. He left one cup for himself and Jinchuan respectively and pushed the extra cup towards Tao Jiang, "Sit down and wait."

Tao Jiang hesitated for a moment and sat down as he was told. He just picked up the teacup and squeezed it, then put it down again without even touching the cup with his lips.

Seeing this, Jinchuan shook his head and laughed, "Relax, giving birth won't happen that quickly."

"Qi Su is a doctor. You've been married to him for so long, don't you know this?" Yu Zhou also said, with a teasing tone, "Besides, in this situation, Yun Qi should be the one who should be nervous."

Tao Jiang looked really worried, and he was listless. He whispered, "My cousin has been with me."

He lowered his head and looked at the tea leaves in the cup. After a while, he added, "And I'm not just worried about my cousin, but also Asu. He hasn't had a good rest for many nights."

Yu Zhou paused with his hand holding the cup, and when he looked at Tao Jiang, there was a kind of obscure feeling of "If I had known this would happen, I would have done it in the first place."

Tao Jiang also realized something immediately, and explained in a somewhat embarrassed manner, "I said he didn't rest well at night because there were many more people coming to congratulate him these days, so he could only go to the clinic to see patients early in the morning and at night."

Jinchuan understood the unspoken meaning of their words, and reluctantly changed the subject, asking Tao Jiang: "When did you and Asu come here?"

"I just went back to the room to wash up, and before I lay down, Xiaozhu came over and said that my cousin was not feeling well, so Asu and I came here."

Jinchuan looked up at the moon moving westward, and recalled the position he saw before going to bed, estimating that it would be more than an hour at most.

As he expected, it was still a long time before Zhou Ning gave birth to the child.

Qi Su came out after a while and said to Yu Zhou and Jin Chuan, "The baby probably won't come out until dawn, so you should go to sleep first."

Hearing what he said, Yu Zhou nodded and said, "Okay, then we'll come back tomorrow morning." The main reason is that they are not doctors, and the He family has elders in charge of the overall situation, and there are enough servants who can be ordered. They can't help much if they stay here, and Jin Chuan is also pregnant, so it's not suitable for her to stay up late.

Yu Zhou led Jin Chuan, and the two got up, and heard Tao Jiang eagerly asked Qi Su, "What about me?"

"Go back to sleep too." Qi Su said as a matter of course.

Tao Jiang seemed to be choked, and didn't speak for a long time. Yu Zhou didn't need to look back to guess that Tao Jiang's expression should be aggrieved at this moment.

Because Qi Su soon changed his words, and said in a softer voice than usual: "Then... before you go to bed, prepare some food for me, I will be hungry later."

"I will ask someone to prepare it right away." Tao Jiang immediately responded, and his voice was much more cheerful.

Yu Zhou and Jin Chuan looked at each other, and they smiled silently, thinking that they were too concerned. There were several elders of the He family guarding, and there were so many servants waiting outside, so it was impossible to let Qi Su, a doctor, starve.

But they naturally wouldn't say much about the sweet moments between other couples.

When the two returned to the room, Chenchen was still sleeping soundly, not noticing that his parents had left. He was just not lying in the same place as before, having already rolled from one end of the bed to the other.