Chapter 81

Interviews.

If there was one word to describe the day it was that. We didn't get a break at all. The boys had four interviews, I had one, and Keeley had a job interview. She was just interviewing for the boys' manager. It's really cute how involved we are with the boys.

I hadn't seen Ains in a long time and I was really sad that we were starting to drift off.

I got sad every time I saw her tweet or post a picture of her and her other friends. It basically broke my heart to have my best friend since birth leave me in the dust.

I mentioned that in the interviews and got pity aws. I rolled my eyes but kept smiling.

Keeley and I sat in the back dressing rooms while the boys had their interviews. I really wish they would do an interview for BuzzFeed.

"Me too!" Keeley said tapping me on the shoulder forcefully. "I said that out loud?" I laughed shaking my head. "Haha, yeah. It's alright I do that too." She said smiling.

We kept waiting in the back rooms for the rest of the day and I took a lot of naps. Keels did too but I was exhausted and Luke was shaken up. So, between calming him and sleeping I was way out of it.

At some point I couldn't go to sleep again so I started to write a song. Keeley helped me and we pitched the idea to the boys.

"Alright so we were thinking about a song called broken home." Keeley said. "Based on some of my life as a child." I intervened. "And we really think you'll like it." She finished. I un-tensed and we sang the song to the together.

"They would yell, they would scream, they were fighting it out
She would hope, she would pray, she was waiting it out
Holding onto a dream
While she watches these walls fall down
Sharp words like knives, they were cutting her down
Shattered glass like the past, it's a memory now
Holding onto a dream
While she watches these walls fall down

Hey mum, hey dad
When did this end?
Where did you lose your happiness?
I'm here alone inside of this broken home
Who's right, who's wrong
Who really cares?
The fault, the blame, the pain's still there
I'm here alone inside of this broken home, this broken home

Wrote it down on the walls, she was screaming it out
Made it clear, she's still here, are you listening now?
Just a ghost in the halls
Feeling empty, they're vacant now
All the battles, all the wars, all the times that you've fought
She's a scar, she's the bruising, she's the pain that you brought
There was life, there was love
Like a light and it's fading out

Hey mum, hey dad
When did this end?
Where did you lose your happiness?
I'm here alone inside of this broken home
Who's right, who's wrong
Who really cares?
The fault, the blame, the pain's still there
I'm here alone inside of this broken home, this broken home

You've gotta let it go, you're losing all your hope
Nothing left to hold, locked out in the cold
Your painted memories that washed out all the scenes
I'm stuck in between a nightmare and lost dreams

Hey mum, hey dad
When did this end?
Where did you lose your happiness?
I'm here alone inside of this broken home
Hey mum, hey dad
When did this end?
Where did you lose your happiness?
I'm here alone inside of this broken home
Who's right, who's wrong
Who really cares?
The fault, the blame, the pain's still there
I'm here alone inside of this broken home
This broken home"

"We love it!" The said to us after discussing it in a group circle. Luke hugged me, we were both shaking while I calmed him.

"How long did it take you to write that?" Ashton asked. "It only took about ten, fifteen minutes. When I'm inspired it comes easily." I said adding small footnotes to the song in my book.

"Feels good to get that off of my chest." I said sighing wiping away a tear. "Sounds good to finally hear it." Luke said quietly kissing the top of my head.

"I have the best idea for the new album!" Keeley screamed scurrying to get her notebook. "Yes?" I said getting out of Luke's embrace and holding his hand. "We have to call the album Sounds Good, Feels Good." She said slowly copying down what she said.

"That's a great idea!" Calum and Ashton said high fiving Keels.

"See this is why you're going to nail that job interview!" I said hugging her. "Bruh. They didn't know yet." She said and I laughed. "Know what? Are you leaving us?" Ashton asked worriedly.

"No I'm not leaving you. On the contrary, I'm going to try and score a job as your manger of ideas." She said smiling. "That's awesome!" Luke yelled high fiving her.

The boys hugged her and we all stood there not talking until I spoke up. "Oops?" I said laughing. "Larry A F!" She screamed at me once again. I laughed harder and the boys look confused and shocked.

We all laughed and I fixed up the boys' hair. "Mikey you should dye your hair red next." I said as I was styling it. "That's a good idea. I'll think about it." He winked at me. I smiled and lightly punched his shoulder.

"Luke you're next." I said holding the styling gel and hairdryer. "Okay." He said smiling.

They played on their phones while I was perfecting the quiff. It's a lot easier than he makes it seem. "All done. You boys look very handsome." I said smiling and holding Luke's hand again.

They checked themselves out in the mirror and Michael turned to me. "Damn..." He said scruffing up my hair." "Thanks Mike." I said glaring at him. We laughed and then followed to boys to their next interview. I fixed my hair as Keeley and I sat in the back of the room watching the boys.