Chapter 38

"MACKENZIE!" She yelled. I jumped on her and we almost fell back on my concrete patio thingy. "WHAT THE SHIT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" I yelled squeezing her neck. "Well I'm not going to miss your birthday silly!" She said getting me off of her. "Oh my God." I said inviting her through the door.

"I can't believe you're here." I said. "Well I am." She laughed and spazzed out. "Oh I see you're Dan-ing again." I said winking and laughing. See, Cierra lives by Dan and Phil (@danisnotonfire and @amazingphil). In the metaphorical way that is.

She's so into them. It's insane. I could look over at her and she'll be doing some weird shit with her friends back in Australia. She'll look me in the eyes and burst out laughing after I'd give her a weird look. She's also into those cat whiskers. I love her though. She also used to give me her "locker food" back in middle school, too. So... That was a bonus.

I am so happy. Almost all of my friends are here. "Hey guys?" I asked calling everyone's attention. They all looked at me. "Do you mind if we do something special tomorrow?" I asked. "Whatcha thinking?" Augie asked. "Okay so can we go down to the beach and set off, like, hundreds of balloons with little pieces of paper inside saying things that mean something to us or some random shit like that?" I asked.

"Well, seeing as how it is your seventeenth special day..." Ainsley paused. "Of course we can. And we'll make it back just in time for the twitcam." She said. I smiled and closed my eyes for a second. This was going to be the best birthday ever.

"Hey Keeley and Cierra and Marley and Ainsley. C'mere." I called. The girls came over to me and I told them my plan.

"Okay so everyone knows what to do right?" I asked. The girls nodded and we went to change. We walked upstairs as a group and changed into our bikinis. "Girls." I whisper called. "Yeah?" Marley asked turning towards me. "Let's climb out the window so they don't see us." I said putting my foot out the window. "Okay." Cierra whispered. We collectively climbed out of the window and met again in the backyard.

We all grabbed our squirt guns, and the guys', and filled them up with ice water. We climbed up into my old hide-away trees and made sure we were hidden. "Okay is everyone in position?" I asked. "Yea." "Uh huh." "Yup." "Uh... Yes." "Okay. Fire on my count." I said.

"Hey boys!" I yelled in a sing song voice. We were semi-high in the trees but we were in hearing distance from the house where the guys were. They started walking out of the back and down the stairs of the deck. We had a bucket with the guns in it that said, "Take one! ;)"

The guys look confusingly at each other but then bent down and took one. "Okay girls." I whispered. "Open fire in three....two...." I whispered. "One!" I yelled. We had made sure we got the bigger squirt guns but we gave the guys a bucket fill of water to refill.

After my count we all started shooting at the guys. They all screamed like little girls from the icy contact. "Dammit Kenz where the fuck are you?" Augie yelled. "Okay girls retreat!" I yelled and we all climbed down the trees. We were fast to get down and when we were on the ground we emerged out of the woods and started attacking the guys.

We spread out and started to take on the guys we paired up with. Ainsley and Jarred. Marley with Logan. Cierra with Augie. And Keeley and I with Mikey. We had an uneven number if girls to go up against guys so Keeley and I had to pair up to take Mikey down. He's extremely fast and muscular.

"Damn you!" Logan yelled at all of us. "You love us!" Marley yelled back. "Suck a dick!" Mikey yelled. "Suck my ass!" Cierra yelled in return. We all started a screaming match along with our water gun war. This so reminds me of Supernatural for some reason. We had now been split up, boys:girls, on each side of the yard. The boys were out in the open but we were hidden in the woods. We were filling our guns up with the ice water we stored back here and so were they.

Since they were in the open, they had three standing guard while one filled up their gun. We only had one girl on guard because it takes longer to fill up our guns. I was on gaurd this round.

I heard a slight rustling in front of me. "Girls. How much longer?" I asked putting my gun in position. It's pretty bad that I'm taking too much passion in this. "Just a couple more sec- okay done." Marley said. "Girls. They're out there. Guns in position. Now climb." I said.

When I was little my dad knew I liked to climb in the trees, but there wouldn't be any low branches for me to get up on. So, he made sure there were ladders on every tree that I climbed. We started climbing, and then I heard it. The small talk the boys made. The game plans. They never keep quiet.

We were all in position facing the open ground below us, staring at the spot. Logan was the first to step in the trap. Who thought it would've been the hunter?

Once all of the boys surrounded him I yelled. "Fire!" All at once we all started shooting water at each other. Countless giggles were heard. "Fuck!" I yelled. My foot slipped. Oh feet, don't fail me now. "MacKenzie!" I got countless shouts at me. "Fuck. Think I sprained my ankle." I said tightly closing my eyes. I held my gun in position and continued to shoot the boys until I ran out of water.

I laid down on my back and let the rest of them play the game. Through the middle I started backing out of sight. I limped back to the house and went in the bathroom. I changed into more comfortable clothes and got an ice pack. I laid down on the couch and set the ice pack on my foot.

I checked it out in the bathroom and it's not sprained. It's just bruised. I didn't fall very far, just landed heavily. I closed my eyes and heard the slight hum of the house running. I hadn't realized I fell asleep.