Chapter 76

I got out of the van as we arrived at the hotel.

This would be the night I left.

The flashing lights of cameras and the people screaming over each other to get my attention. This wasn't what I asked for. I knew what came along with the job when I signed up but I never was asked for the choice of this.

I held a tight grip on my clutch and my phone and took out my key card. I took the elevator up to the right floor and walked to my room without emotion.

My life wasn't a romantic comedy. It wasn't a chick flick. This was real life. Nothing like The Longest Ride, The Notebook, The Vow, or Twilight. No. This was my life and Keeley was right. I would forgive them and believe it was all my fault. I just can't believe she used that against me though.

I walked into my room and took off my heels. I grabbed a bottle of water out from the mini fridge and texted Mikey. I told him I got back safely and that I was going to sleep.

I lied, I know. But I just couldn't have him worry. I grabbed the key cards and all of Keeley's medication.

I walked into Malum's room and sat on the bed. I opened the bottle of water and took a sip. I opened the bottle of pills and dumped them into my hand. I sat there for a while and just counted them.

I put them back in the bottle and prepared to dump them into my mouth. I heard a bang and my head shot up. "Ow, fuck. Hello?" Someone shouted coming from the bathroom. I gasped and panicked putting the bottles behind my back. "MacKenzie?" Calum asked squinting his eyes and turning on the lights. "Calum." I said fumbling with the bottles. "What are you doing here? You're supposed to be back at the club." I said. "So are you. I had a headache and came back." He said.

I stuttered and dropped the water bottle. "Fuck." I whimpered as the water spilled everywhere. I started sobbing. "Whoa. MacKenzie what's wrong?" Calum asked coming closer to me. "Ashton hit on me and Keeley and Luke kissed!" I screamed falling to the floor in the puddle of water. "C'mere." Cal said pulling me towards him.

"Wait. Why did you have Keeley's meds?" He asked picking up the bottle. I sobbed into my hands as he realized. "MacKenzie Elizabeth Crispin. You, under no circumstances, are allowed to kill yourself." He said pulling me into a hug.

I wish Luke were here but Calum is also one of my best friends and I love him too, so, I guess I'm okay with him.

"Hey, do you mind if I sleep with you tonight? Mike is with the others and I don't really want to be in a room with the other three..." I said looking up at him. "Yes of course. Go get your pajamas and we'll talk about this when you get back." He said helping me up. I hugged him tightly and wiped my eyes walking out.

Luckily I had Keeley's medication put back and none of it was contaminated.

I came back in the room in shorts and a camisole. My hair was up in a messy bun and I put my glasses on. "Come here." Calum said getting me to hug him again. "Tell me everything that happened tonight." He said.

We sat on the bed across from each other and I took a deep breath. "We got to the club and then everyone was busy getting drunk. Cas called me and we talked a little. I came out of the bathroom," Calum interjected, "That's when I left." He said. I nodded my head and continued.

"And when I came out Ashton started hitting on me and I just got rid of him so then I saw Mikey making out with a girl. I went over and sat on her like she wasn't even there. She yelled at me to get off of her and I said 'A relationship is built for two. Obviously you don't know how to fucking count.' And then she left. I told Mikey 'cheating isn't an accident. Falling off of a bike is an accident. You don't just trip and fall into a vagina.' He was confused until I talked about Cierra. Then I went outside to get some fresh air and a guy hit on me and grabbed me so I kneed him in the nuts and then punched him." I said breathing. "That's my girl!" Calum said putting his hand in the air for a high five. I smiled high fiving him and continuing my story.

"I came back in and Mikey and I watched Keeley and Luke flirt and kiss. And Luke said, I can't I promised. To which Keeley said, so did I but promises break and MacKenzie will forgive us and think it's all her fault, if she even finds out. Then they kissed and I left." I said silently crying again.

"Kenzie..." Calum whispered pulling me into another hug. "So yeah, I tried to kill myself." I said wiping my eyes. "Why didn't you just write a song like you normally do. Why did you have to go to this extent?" He said looking at me. I shrugged and told him that was a good idea. "Will you help me write it?" I asked. Looking him in the eyes. "Of course." He said smiling softly.

I got my book and a pencil and went over to Calum's room again. "I have a few bits I want to say. They're just like one or two words though." I said sitting across from him. "Alright tell me." He said smiling.

"Well first I want to say drunken words are sober thoughts. You don't break promises. You were my best friends. We were going to have a future together. We were going to be happy. And you decided to screw it up by messing with me. In the wise words of Ed, I wanna be drunk when I wake up, on the right side of the wrong bed. And finally the last one I have is I watched you with my own two eyes." I said starting to cry again. Calum hugged me once again and said that he liked my ideas.