Chapter 55

A day or so passed and we were all on stage again messing around. "Hey hey hey!" Shawn said getting everyone's attention. "I have a new song for you guys." He said smiling. I was shocked because we didn't agree on sharing any new songs until they came out on iTunes.

I looked at him with an eyebrow raised and he gave me a solemn look. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked around a bit. He grabbed his guitar and everyone went off stage to let Shawn have his moment.

"So, recently, one of my friends has been having a really bad time lately and a good friend of ours had some amazing advice. Ladies and gentlemen, that advice turned into something great. Here I give you, A Little Too Much." Shawn said. "You know about this?" Hayes asked me. "I've never heard about this." I whispered back.

"She would not show that she was afraid,
But being and feeling alone was too much to face,
Though everyone said that she was so strong,
What they didn't know is that she could barely carry on,

But she knew that she would be okay,
So she didn't let it get in her way,

Sometimes it all gets a little too much,
But you gotta realize that soon the fog will clear up,
And you don't have to be afraid, because we're all the same,
And we know that sometimes it all gets a little too much,

She would always tell herself she could do this
She would use no help it would be just fine
But when it got hard she would lose her focus
So take my hand and we'll be alright

And she knew that she would be okay,
So she didn't let it get in her way,

Sometimes it all gets a little too much,
But you gotta realize that soon the fog will clear up,
And you don't have to be afraid, because we're all the same,
And we know that sometimes it all gets a little too much, yeah.

A little too much, I said a little too much, oh.

Sometimes it all gets a little too much,
But you gotta realize that soon the fog will clear up,
And you don't have to be afraid, because we're all the same,
And we know that sometimes it all gets a little too much yeah!

Sometimes it all gets a little too much,
But you gotta realize that soon the fog will clear up,
And you don't have to be afraid, because we're all the same,
And we know that sometimes it all gets a little too much."

By the end of the song I was crying a little and slid down the wall. I wasn't sad this time. I was happy because he understood. I looked to the crowd and saw a girl smiling with tears in her eyes, looking proud at her idol.

"C'mere." I said to a guard. "Is everything okay, Ms.?" He asked politely. I nodded my head and pointed to the girl. "Can you bring her up on stage right now?" I asked. He nodded his head once and walked up to the girl.

She looked speechless and shocked. The guards finger pointed towards me and she looked in my direction in pure shock. I smiled and waved. She nodded her head frantically and came up to me with the guard. "Thank you." I said dismissing him.

"H-hi." She stuttered out. "Hey. What's your name?" I asked. "Kenzie." She said smiling. I smiled and said, "Same. Oh God. I can't believe I just said that." She laughed and told me it was alright.

"I'm a huge fan of yours, and Shawn's, but you've helped me through such tough times." She said. Just in case you didn't know we were still off stage. "How old are you?" I asked wiping a year off of her cheek. "I'm thirteen. Fourteen in November." She said smiling. "I was just like you as a kid Kenzie. So, what do you say? Wanna meet your idol?" I asked pointing to Shawn who was talking to fans. "I don't want to interrupt his time." She said sheepishly.

"That's fine. How about you give me your number and I'll text you before the show is over. Alright?" I said getting out my phone. She nodded her head and gave me her number.

After that, that guard brought her back to her friends and she squealed. She promised my not to give out my number and I believe her. I smiled and waved at her and she waved back. Her friends mouths dropped and I laughed at them.

"Ugh. I hate those girls that just come here and squeal." JC said. "Like the three in the front row? Because same." Mahogany said. "Yes. Oh my god they're not even old enough to be here why did they even come?" JC answered. Mahogany and a couple others laughed.

I turned around and stared at them in disbelief. "You assholes." I said. "You have no idea what those girls have been going through. And they call you their "idols". Ha! The only reason they came here was to meet the people they look up to and see the hope that is shown to them. You know, not everyone has to be perfect and you two are far from it. If we weren't in public is punch all of you in the face right now. You have no right to say that about them and get upset when people hate on you on social media. No wonder why they didn't come to see you." I said turning around and crossing my arms.

Soon, Shawn came backstage and Nash, Cameron, Taylor, Hayes, Lox, and Aaron went on. "Yo dude, your girl over here is now one of my favorite people ever." Matt said shaking my shoulders. "What? Why?" Shawn said interested.

"She told off JC and Mahogany for being dickheads." He said. I smiled and Shawn said, "Damn, really?" "I was just stating my opinion." I said looking back at the stage.