Chapter 16

Augie and I both smirked and we looked at the boys. "CE-JAK!" Augie yelled meaning "start" in Korean. We started walking around each other in almost slow motion. Eyeing each other in a challenging way, we were intimidating our own long time enemy.

Augie used to be my sparring partner all the time. My instructor used to pair us up every time we were together. Augie made the first move; a hop-switch and a front leg side kick. I moved out of the way and snap-kicked him in the jaw. His head threw back in pain and he looked back aggressively. Just what I need; he knows he can scare me easily. I had a look of fear in my eyes and his eyes softened. But, only for a little while.

I tried to upper-cut him but he slid back and side kicked me in the stomach. I flew back into a back hand spring. I ran and did a few rapid turning ticks into his sides as he cringed. I started to see his eyes becoming glossy so I stopped not wanting to make him look weak in front of our new friends. Wow, that's so weird. Just 2 months ago I was freaking out because I would see them live. Is it too early in the game to call them my friends?

I think it is; I only did just meet them not even 10 hours ago. It was weird to think that someone could just suddenly gain friends like that. Que the snapping of fingers.

Speaking of snapping, Augie snapped me out of my thoughts when he punched me in the cheekbone. I was sure to have a bruise there later. I was just about to retaliate when Calum stepped in and stopped me from doing anything. "Guys. Guys! GUYS!" He yelled.

"That was amazing but we don't need you two killing each other." Micheal said. I smiled and embraced Augie in a hug. Well actually, he hugged me and I hugged him back in a brotherly love way. I looked over to Luke to see his gaze already firmly set on the contact Augie and I had with one another.

Augie let go of me and my face was now starting to bruise. "Do any of you think you could show me where the ice is?" Augie asked. My face was bruised and he was definitely getting more and more light headed by the blow to his head I gave him.

SWEET JESUS that sounds so wrong. So so wrong. I laughed and almost fell off of my chair, but Ashton caught me. "Thanks." I said slightly embarrassed. "You wanna tell us what you were thinking about?" Micheal questioned.

I laughed and said, "You don't wanna know." They frowned and started pleading me to tell them. "Fine!" I shouted laughing. "I just realized I gave Augie a blow to the head and it's not the first time I've done it." They were silent for a literal second when Augie and Luke both ran down the stairs as fast as they could while yelling. I heard a collection of "WHAT?!" and "no" and "that never happened" and "WHAT?!" again. Then everyone started hysterically laughing.

After I cleared everything up, Aug handed me a Ziploc bag full of ice. He had one himself. "Thanks Aug." I said smiling looking up to my big brother figure. Actually, to be precise only two months and a two days older brother. Augie smiled in response, needing to sit down.

"Damn, I'm really sorry dude." I said. "I didn't mean to give you a concussion." "Don't sweat it. I'm mean look what I did to your face?" He says hugging me again. Luke sat down beside me on the love seat.

"Are you okay?" He whispered. "Yeah, just a bit tired. You mind -- if I --" Luke cut me off while I continuously interrupted myself by yawning.

"I understand. You and Augie need the rest. You guys can hang here until, well, I really don't care when." He laughed. "Thank -- you." I said letting my head fall slightly on his chest. He groaned but smiled and started stroking my arm softly. I could tell that this was going to be one long adventure.

I fell asleep thinking and dream, obviously. I just imagined what it would be like to grow up with these people in my life. Would it be fun or boring? Adventurous and action filled? What if I had kids with one of them? What would that be like? My guess is that I would end up with Luke.

Hah, probably not. This isn't a fairytale.