Chapter 30

"I'm gonna get'cha!" Someone, who I presumed to be Calum, frantically shouted as he chased me through the yard. "Not if I get her first!" Michael shouted. "I second that!" Luke yelled from in-front of me. "She can't escape us now." Ashton yelled to his band members as they cornered me in between the four of them. I was too tired to flip over them, so I let them win. Luke was the fastest to arrive because of his elongated leaps. He had grabbed me by the legs and threw me over his shoulder as I did not put up a fight.

They had finally carried me back to the house and set me on the basement couch. "Any suggestions?" I asked. Micheal's eyes perked with excitement and he called a "group meeting". I laughed at their young behavior and picked up my guitar. "Eh eh eh..." Calum said wagging a finger in my face.

He pointed to the neon green drums behind me and I laughed. Out of all the instruments I owned, they wanted me to play the drums? If they thought I was going to be bad, I wasn't going to be. Although I did graduate early, I made it my duty to learn to play every common instrument I could. Including drums.

I sat down on the seat and asked them for suggestions again. They should pick a really loud and banging song if they wanted me to play it on the drums. "We want you to play one of our songs." Michael said. I rose an eyebrow as to signify which one. He shrugged his shoulders. "Whatever you have in storage." He said pointing to his head. I laughed at his child-like behavior and went over the list of songs of their's. Once I was pleased, I started.

To the familiar tune of their own song, they started to hum along and tap their foot to the rhythm.

The song I had been drumming out was 'Lost Boy'. It had been one of the songs I had come across first with a heap of drumming in it. I had finished the song and then got up from the drums. Before they could say anything I sat at the piano and started to talk. "I wanna do a duo song with one of my "idols" from a few years ago over YouTube." I said.

They looked at me kinda weirdly, but I grinned really wide. I opened my laptop so that they couldn't see it, and got on YouTube. I started laughing to myself at how he looked.

I sat the laptop down and pressed play. I turned it around and their faces were just as priceless as mine. Especially Luke's. He was beat red and looked mortified. There was hardly a moment's pause before "we" started harmonizing. At the end of the one minute song I stood up and was applauded by the boys. Except for Luke -- he wasn't very happy. I laughed quietly.

I went over to him and rubbed my hand on his shoulder and started a conversation with the boys. I subtlety looked down and winked at him then sat on the floor.

All five of us started to converse about funny memories and before we knew, it was seven twenty three. "Esta son los siete y veinitres." I said randomly. "What the fuck?" Michael said under his breath. "I took Spanish for seven years. I can speak it pretty fluently now." I said. They still looked at me like I was still speaking the different language. "I said the time."

They all "oh"ed and I just laughed. The timed moved pretty quickly and sooner or later Ainsley came back from being with Sam. "MacKenzie, can I ask you something?" Luke asked. "Yeah sure, totally." I said and got up to walk with Luke. "When I go on tour..." He started but stopped himself contemplating if he should tell me or not. "Yeah?" I pushed.

"Okay so this is a lot to ask..." He trailed off again. "Just tell me Luke." I said starting to get a little agitated. "I don't know if you even want to but... Will you make sure that you don't date anyone else?"