Chapter 77

Calum laid on his back and I leaned over my book sitting crisscross applesauce. We stayed there for a couple minutes just thinking of tunes and rhythms.

He started to pretend to play bass and do deep notes imitating it. I tapped my pencil against my mouth and was thinking of tunes. "I think I have a little piece of lyric I started on a song I was supposed to finish years ago." I said flipping pages. "Let me hear it." Calum said propping himself up on his elbows.

I started smiling as I remembered the lyrics. "As Keeley would say..." I trailed off going somber again. "I wanted it to start slow then get faster." I said looking at the book again and forgetting about Keeley right now.

We had a hook written and two lines of the first verse so I kept singing those parts until I came up with more lyrics.

I went into my voice memos app and hit record. I sang what I already had and basically I just made up a line. "You make me wanna smash my guitar. What you did makes me wanna crash my car. You were my best friends'n we were gonna have a future together. So tell me what happened to forever." "I like that." Calum said after I ended the recording. "Wanna help me with the chorus then?" I asked giving him a half smile. "Yeah!"

"How about we start out with I watched you with my own two eyes and go from there?" I asked flipping the page to write the chorus. "Sounds good. Will you sing that for me then?" "Yeah. Oh, oh, oh, oh, I watched you with my own two eyes. Oh, oh, oh, oh now I know it was all a big lie." I said coming up with something on the spot again. I wrote it down and recorded it.

We finished the chorus and were just getting done with the last verse when I started to drift off. "You wanna go to sleep now?" Cal asked. "Just, uh, let me finish this last line then yes please." I said rubbing my eyes.

I wrote down the last line and closed my book. I put it in the nightstand drawer and turned out the lamp. I laid down on the very edge of the bed because I didn't want to get too close and personal to Calum but that wasn't what he was thinking.

He pulled me right up against him and wrapped his arms around me. All of a sudden both of our phones started blowing up and I grabbed mine. They were all notifications and news articles about what happened. I almost began to cry but Calum pulled me into him again and kissed my temple.

Somehow, I fell asleep without my music and slept for eight hours.

I woke up to a loud bang across the room. Calum was still by my side but Michael was in the bathroom throwing up. Even the strongest of stomachs ache after a night out.

I got out of Cal's grip and went into the bathroom. I sat down and started rubbing his back.

After he was all done he sat across from me and got up to brush his teeth. "If you think this is bad wait until everyone else starts." He said putting his toothbrush back. "I don't care about the other three right now." I said sanding up.

Michael hugged me and rubbed my back. "Did your phone blow up too?" I asked as I picked up the hotel phone to order room service. "Yeah, all of ours did." He said picking up my book. "What's this?" He asked. "It's my song book." I said before someone answered.

"Hi. Yes, I was wondering if we could get aspirin, four coffees, and two peach teas please." I said. The woman agreed and said we'd have to wait about ten minutes. I hung up and looked back at Mike. He was flipping through the pages. "Why is your book in here?" He asked. "Cal and I wrote a song after I tried to kill myself." I said taking the book.

"What?!" He yelled. I shushed him so he wouldn't wake up Cal. "When I get my hands on the two faced ass-dork." He said. "Hey! It wasn't just him. And you're not laying a hand on him." I said retying my hair bun. "But he hurt you." Mikey said putting his arms out. "And that should be punishment enough. For both of them." I said putting my hands on my hips.

"What's going on?" Cal asked in a groggy voice rubbing his eyes. "See, you woke him." I said pointing to Calum. "Nothing. Go back to sleep." I said sitting on the bed beside him.

"It's still not okay." Mike said crossing his arms. "I know. Just put the key in please." I said holding the tray of drinks. We walked in to see them, well hear actually, puking. I set the coffee and tea down with the aspirin and left before anyone could say a word to me.

I dragged Michael back to his room and took all the key cards to this room with me so no one else could get in. We walked in to see Calum on his phone. "What's up?" I asked sitting on the bed across from him. "Reading the news articles from last night." He said, his eyes fixated on the screen.

"A little cat fight in 5 Seconds of Summer. The rising band ran into a little drunken accident on the night of October 17th at the Seattle 18 and over club. Now, we all know MacKenzie Crispin, also a rising artist, is underage but it's said that she didn't drink at all. Way to go girl.

"We've all most likely heard about the kiss at the airport between Luke and MacKenzie and there are rumors of the two dating but no actual written proof. Attached image of Keeley and Luke." Calum said scrolling and rolling his eyes.

"Will this cause some drama between to two budding lovebirds and best friends?" He finished huffing. "I hate him!" Cal yelled. "No you don't. He's your best friend and you're not going to lay a hand on him. It's a lazy day for us so I guess that we're staying in unless you want to go out." I said shrugging. Michael laughed but Calum said he might. "Okay then it's settled." I said as we began our day.