Chapter 44

I had finally gotten back in my room at four fifty-seven and laid on my bed. I can't believe I'm seeing Luke in two days. I'm so happy. Aside from the fact that I literally said I was going to the concert back in Australia, I know he's going to be surprised shitless.

Then that night I'm staying with the boys and they'll drop me off in the state where Magcon is and I'll go on tour with them for roughly a month and a half. I know I kept saying only a month but a month and a half was just a a lot of unnecessary effort. I figured since it's too early for me to go back to sleep I'll just work on a song or two. I started tapping and humming a beat when a lyric suddenly popped into my head. "Rejected. I've been injected. Injected with profanities. Rejected. I've been rejected. Rejected by society." I took out my phone and notebook and after I wrote down what I had just said I recorded it on my phone. That's the low budget way of doing things.

I was trying to get the first verse started but I couldn't quite get the lyrics right. "Look in the mirror and tell me what you see. You got flaws, don't have it all. So be you and not me. No. This ain't the perfect society. No. You just gotta let that be. Fuck yeah!" I yelled. So...I had the first line or two completed. I sang it again and recorded it.

"Look it the mirror and tell me what you see. You got flaws, don't have it all. You gotta let that be." I sang into my phone. "Well that's enough for right now. I'll pick this back up later." I said closing my book and flopping down on my bed.

It's been very eventful, these past two months. I ended up falling asleep in my now damp clothes. Although it was summer these August nights get very chilly.

"Hello?" I asked my mom over the phone. I was just getting on the bus from school. "When you get home, lock all of the doors and make sure the dogs are inside." She said. I stopped walking for a minute then continued.

"Wait, mum, why?" I asked a couple feet from the bus. "Because I said so." She said. "Okay." I said and ended the call stepping on the bus. "Well that was weird." I said quietly. "What was?" Lane asked. Days like these it was just me and Lane on the bus.

He's been my neighbor since I was three. "My mum just told me that when I get home to lock all of the doors." I said. "Wow." He said. I nodded my head and waited silently until I got home.

We pulled up to her house. I looked up from my phone and silently gasped. The horror in front of me was like no other. This was personal. "Mum what happened?" I whispered as she turned off the ignition. "Kevin got drunk and came and trashed the house." She said getting out. At this point in time it was about September and seventh grade had just started for me. I had a new boyfriend named Justin. (I didn't realize he would soon screw me over after I dumped him three weeks later) I had been snapchatting him all day going over the catastrophe. "He left paint tracks everywhere. Broke windows and doors. Trashed the place. And worst of all he tore down the stairs to their apartment thing. Long story short, Kevin was a bad guy."

All of these emotions haunt me. The thing was I knew Kevin. I used to be around him all the time. Now, I can't even stand to hear his name in a conversation. Jenn and him got a divorce and now I'm petrified to be anywhere near him. He's a hunter and possibly an alcoholic. Everything about this scenery terrifies me. Every-time I think of him I almost cry. I'm so close to going insane over worrying about him. Just like Jenn...

"MacKenzie!" He shouted. "No!" I yelled trying to run away. The further and faster I ran, the closer his elongated steps towards me became. His arm reached out for me and I started to scream in terror. "NO! NOOO! GET AWAY!" I yelled still trying to run away. I looked back and he had disappeared. I run forward until I hit something and fell to the ground. I had slammed into his chest and screamed. This time he had one of his hunting rifles pointing to my head. "No no please!" I begged out. "You're going down just like the other bitches." He spat at me and pulled the trigger.

"MacKenzie!" A voice yelled at me. I looked all around until I found her. My mother. As much as I despised her sometimes she was still my mother and I loved her with all of my heart. "MacKenzie!" She yelled again. "MacKenzie! MacKenzie! MacKenzie!" She yelled over and over again. For some reason Kevin's gun didn't harm me. Was he playing a version of Russian Roulette? "Shut up!" He yelled at my mother.

He pointed his gun at her and I screamed. "KEVIN DON'T!" I crawled over to her and he pulled the trigger. My heart stopped. I wanted as my mother bled to death. "MOM! MOMMY!" I screeched. I held her lifeless body in my arms and cried.

"Ah shut your fucking mouth bitch!" Kevin yelled at me. I looked over my shoulder at him. "You kill my mother and as I cry over her dead body you want me to shut up?" I asked. I got up to my feet and turned around. "And you want me to SHUT UP?" I screamed. He pulled his trigger and laughed as I flinched. I ran at him and swung my fist into his face. He grabbed my wrists and twisted the skin, piercing it. I screamed in pain and looked at my writs after he let them go. The were cut and bleeding. He put his gun up to my head and pulled the trigger. This time the bullet shot out and blasted through my skull.

I immediately sat up and gasped for air. Carlo and the girls stood surrounding me crying, holding their ears, holding down my hands. "MacKenzie? We couldn't wake you up." Carlo said with a tear falling off of his jaw.

I'm really sorry I didn't update. I've been extremely busy this week and no one's reading this story anyway... I might just stop unless you want me to keep going but I doubt it.