Chapter 68

I woke up and searched for my phone. I threw the sheet up and heard a thump. "There it is." I said smiling.

I got out of bed and put on my glasses. I picked up my phone and tried turning it on. I pouted when I realized it was dead. I plugged it in and went to the bathroom.

I checked my calendar and noticed the date. My eyes went wide, "I only have four more days with the boys and Lox!" I yelled. I ran out of my room and went into the boys' rooms. I gathered all of the guys and dragged them all into the living room of whatever hotel room we're in.

"We have a serious problem." I said frowning. They stood up and started loudly arguing/ talking over one another. "Hey. Hey! GUYS!" I yelled. "It's none of those reasons. I just mean I only have a few more days with you guys and we need to spend them with each other. Because, I'm gonna miss you when I'm gone." I said getting glossy eyes. "Hey don't cry girly." Hayes said. I laughed a little and they all started squeezing me in a group hug. "Guys! Claustrophobia!" I yelled. They let go and I heavily breathed.

I went into my room, along with the others doing the same, and changed. I didn't know what we were doing today so I put on a flowy dress, a holed sweater, white flats, and I curled my hair.

I walked out of the room and I got a couple joke cat calls from the boys. I laughed and told them to stop. We walked out of the hotel and into the vans. Apparently we were going to the airport. When we got there, there were tons of screaming girls.

I clutched onto Shawn's arm so I could breathe. We were rushed and Shawn and I got separated. I started to have a panic attack because I was surrounded by people and none that I personally knew.

Suddenly Matt grabbed my hand and pulled me with him. I held onto him tightly and tried to calm my breaths. He wrapped his arms around me and walked me to the rest of the group. I hugged Matt and kissed his cheek. I laid my head on his chest while he rubbed my back. I kept repeatedly whispering thank you's.

We got on the plane and I put my phone on airplane mode. I sat in between Matt and Shawn, holding both of their hands. At some point I put my ear buds in and started listening to the boys.

I slowly started to fall asleep when there was a huge burst of turbulence. I shut my eyes tightly and squeezed the boys hands harder. "It's okay." They reassured me. I loosened my grip and opened my eyes slightly. So far this day has been really shitty.

We landed and I turned my phone back to normal. It blew up and I had no idea why. Most of my Twitter notifications are off and I switched all of the rest off except for the boys. I scrolled down to the very bottom and saw a news arrival sent to me from Luke.

From: Lukey🐧💚

What the actual fuck MacKenzie?! I'm miles away from you and you kiss this Matt guy???

Why are you not answering me??

MacKenzie what the fuck???

I'm fucking serious. Answer me right now.

I sighed and slammed my head down on a table in the tour bus.

To: Lukey🐧💚

Luke. I had a panic attack from my claustrophobia and Matt saved me. I'm not cheating on you if that's what you thought. And if you thought that I must be a really shitty girlfriend...

From: Lukey🐧💚

I'm so sorry MacKenzie. Being this far away from you has gotten a lot of shit in my head. Especially when people say that I'm not good enough for you...

To: Lukey🐧💚

Luke. I love you. If anything you're too good for me. I don't know why people are saying that to you but you know the saying. Haters are gonna hate. Just remember I love you alright? I always will. No matter what.

From: Lukey🐧💚

Alright. I love you too. I can't wait for Christmas...

It took me a second to realize what he meant by Christmas. It was months away. "Ohh. That's when he thinks he's seeing me next." I said smiling.

After a couple of days, it was the last one I had with the boys and Mahogany. We spent the entire day together. Between us eating every meal together to doing my last Magcon show with them, and even writing my last song with Shawn, I was a bawling mess that afternoon.

Sure, I was seeing the love of my life and my best friends again, but I didn't want to leave Shawn and Matt and all of the other friends I made.

I got up on stage with the boys for our last show together. "Mississippi. You guys are the last state seeing me in Magcon. Hopefully I'll be able to see my friends on my own tour after this." I said starting to tear up. The guys awed and gave me another group hug.

I started crying and they sat me down on an isolated stool. I covered my mouth as I cried.

"So this is a special song we tweaked to make our own. This is for you Kenz." Shawn said smiling with glossy eyes also. He started strumming to a familiar song but in a slower form.

"You've got your ticket for the long way 'round
Your music book for the way
And you sure would like some sweet company
But you're leaving tonight. Here's what we say.

When you're gone, when you're gone
We're gonna miss you when you're gone
We're gonna miss you by you hair
We're gonna miss you everywhere, oh
We're gonna miss you when you're gone

When you're gone, when you're gone
We're gonna miss you when you're gone
We're gonna miss you by you hair
We're gonna miss you everywhere, oh
We're gonna miss you when you're gone

You've got your ticket for the long way 'round
The one with the prettiest of views
It's got mountains, it's got rivers
It's got sights to give you shivers
But it sure will be prettier with you."

After this verse the crowd chimed in and sang along. I slowly whispered it to myself, too.

"When you're gone, when you're gone
We're gonna miss you when you're gone
We're gonna miss you by your walk
We're gonna miss you by your talk, oh
We're gonna miss you when you're gone

When you're gone, when you're gone
We're gonna miss you when you're gone
We're gonna miss you by you hair
We're gonna miss you everywhere, oh
We're gonna miss you when you're gone

When you're gone, when you're gone
We're gonna miss you when you're gone
We're gonna miss you by you hair
We're gonna miss you everywhere, oh
We're gonna miss you when you're gone."

Shawn, and everyone else who was singing, started tearing up and we all sang the last parts together. This surely would be a night to remember.

I was trying to keep my composure but the ugly cry came through and I couldn't help it. We had one last group hug and then it was time for us to go.