Chapter 2

MK

"Hey Lizzy, thanks for asking your boss if we could come back here and chill for a while. I really appreciate it." I said smiling at my cousin.

"No problem. I know you wanted me to; and thanks again for getting me a job here instead of Subway. I hated that fucking place - and the manager's a douche." she said.

"Yeah, yeah. I know." I laughed. She practically tells me this every time I see her. 

"Hey, well, I'll see you tomorrow and then two months from now." She said as I walked out of the break room. 

"Okay!" I yelled back.

What she meant by that was that she'd see me after the show, and then when I came back from Pennsylvania - our home state. "Hey! Did you know we're getting a little stage for performing?" Jace asked me. 

"Seriously?" I yelled walking out of the store.

As I walked out, I saw them building a small stage on wheels. I seriously felt like passing out. Never did I think that street performing could be like this. "How're those intro songs coming?" Xander asked me not even bothering to look up from her phone.

"Fine," I said as I rolled my eyes. No one likes Xander. "Okay, guys I gotta go!" I yelled walking out. 

"Yay," Xander said a little too enthusiastic. I rolled my eyes. 

"Bye, love you!" Jace yelled. 

"You too!" I yelled walking on the street.

Jace and I are American, but Xander is Australian. Jace and Xander live here and I move back and forth every two months. Every time I come back here, I pick up an accent. It's a quirk, I guess. I suppose I'm so used to being around the sound that my brain wants to use it. I walked back to my apartment, still in my heels.

It was almost summer in America, so I had a little bit of junior year left. I had been saving up at my job as an entertainer. So far, I saved just over 900 dollars. I still wasn't legal to live by myself, because I'm only 16, but at that point, I was living with my other cousin, Carlo. He was staying with me until I was old enough to live on my own. We lived in my childhood home that my parents paid off, back in Pennsylvania.

As I walked through the door of my apartment, I remembered to take my mask off. I walked into the kitchen and found a note taped to the microwave.

"MacKenzie, Cierra and I are going shopping. I decided not to invite you because I couldn't care less what you want to do.
Hate,
Sophia."

I went into my room and showered. I'll have to remind myself later to ask Xander how she got into my house, I thought.

Our real names aren't Jace, MK, and Xander. I'm actually MacKenzie, Jace's real name is Cierra, and Xander's real name is Sophia.

After my shower, I sat in front of my closet in my towel for about a half an hour. I was reading 'This' by @fivesaucewhoop. I had not read genius until I read that story. "Again? Seriously whorey Rory?" I yelled, loudly. I was so close to finishing the book.

I decided it was time for me to get dressed so, I put on some blue leggings with ice cream on them, black combat boots, an aqua colored tank top, and a cream sweater. I put my hair in a messy bun and put my mask back on.

I couldn't go out in public here, most of the time, without a mask on. The girls and I tried to keep our identities a secret. It was Cierra's (Jace's) idea so, I don't exactly know. I locked my door and walked outside of my apartment complex. People tried grabbing my mask to take it off. I walked to Liz's store then walked back home. I just felt as though I needed some fresh air.

It was 10:28 pm and I was tired so I decided to go to sleep. As I walked past the hallway in my apartment, I heard moaning. I took my broom and pounded the ceiling. "Shut up!" I yelled. I heard silence. 

"Sorry! See Greg I told you we shouldn't have done this." My neighbor yelled upset. We had some pretty thin walls.

"No no no. Sorry Ally I'll sleep on the porch I need the fresh air anyway." I yelled back. 

"Okay. Sorry again MK." She yelled back.

Yep, that was mostly my life. I put on my sleep mask and bunked out on the balcony.