Chapter 17

Luke

When her head dropped onto my chest, it didn't hurt but I was kind of surprised. I groaned and started running my hand over her arm. As I slowly started to drift off, too, she whispered something so quiet. I had hardly picked it up. "How did we end up here?" Was the last thing I heard before falling into a peaceful, dreamless sleep.

I woke up to a light snoring. I looked down and my fingers were somehow tangled in MacKenzie's hair. I took out my phone probably as un-smoothly as I could since I didn't want to disturb sleeping beauty here on my lap.

I looked at the time on my phone and noticed that it was twelve thirty-five p.m. Augie was still down here sleeping too. I think all of the boys were upstairs eating. Actually, scratch that, I think Augie actually passed out due to the "blow", as MacKenzie calls it, to his head.

I slightly shook MacKenzie to wake her up. Her phone kept constantly going off and it started to annoy me. "Go away." She murmured. "I can't when you're on my lap." I sing-songed.

She giggled and looked around to see what position we were in. Her back was in my lap, head beside my thighs, and legs hanging off of the side of the chair. I on the other hand, I was in a sitting position. She stood up and grabbed my hand and pulled me up. She also went over to Augie to check his pulse. I didn't understand why until she said, "Yep, he's alive." I laughed. "I'd hope so or then we'd have a lot of explaining to do." I said.

She giggled and then covered her mouth. "Well, why'd you do that?" I asked. "What?" "You stopped laughing." I said. "Oh. No one's ever questioned it before. I always to do that when I laugh. I don't really like to hear it." She said looking away. I reached over and took her hand away from her face and put it in my hand. She blushed and I smiled. "C'mon, we'll go get some food. I'm hungry.. You hungry?" I asked leading her upstairs. "I could make you boys some lunch? Maybe toss together a salad and pick up some pizza from Pizza Hut. Okay, technically that's not making anything, but you know what I meant." She breathed in deeply. "You'd do that for 4 random boys you literally just met on the street yesterday?" I asked disbelievingly. "Yep. Just let me run to my apartment first to get a quick shower, some money and change." She said. "Deal." I said as we finally made it to the kitchen.

"MacKenzie's going to get us pizza." I announced. "Really?" Micheal asked disbelievingly as well. "Agh yes. Now before I leave, what do you want on your pizzas?" She asked.

She took out her phone and went into the notes app. "Pepperoni, mushrooms, cheese, green peppers, red peppers, and sausage." Micheal said. "I'm getting one large pizza for each of us." MacKenzie said.

We all looked at her with wide eyes. "Calum what do you want?" She asked not looking up from her phone. "A girlfriend." He murmured. "On your pizza?" She laughed. "Oh!" He exclaimed. "Hawaiian." "Ashton?" "Just plain cheese please." He said cheekily. "And you, Luke?" She asked. "Meat supreme." I said in her ear in my deepest voice possible. "Jesus!" She yelled cluching her heart. "Yeah just go on and scare the shit out of me why don't you." She said still breathing heavily. We all laughed and she left after saying, "Make sure you wake up Augie please."

It had been about 2 and a half hours since MacKenzie had left. We woke up Augie and took him to the hospitial because we kind of knew he had a concussion. It was actually quite funny. He kept passing out on Ashton's shoulder. Then, he got tired of having to drag him so he handed him over to Micheal and Mikey threw him over his shoulder. The woman told us to come back later during visiting hours because we weren't family. We agreed, came home, and here we were.

"Open this fucking door!" We heard a female voice upstairs. I was the first to get up the stairs and see MacKenzie and her one friend from the preformance. I think her name was Ainsley. Well, anyway, MacKenzie was carying three boxes of pizza on each arm and Ainsley had three liters of pop.