Chapter 75

I texted Ainsley and went outside to get a little air. It was probably going to be hard to get back in but I don't give two shits. It is disgusting in there and full of cougars and pedophiles.

I sat on a curb and just held my head in my hands. "What are you doing out here slut?" A man asked me. "Fuck off!" I yelled. He held his hands up in defense and called me a little baby. "Why don't you come to my place and I'll show you a good time?" He asked. "I said fuck off." He came over and grabbed me.

I got off of the curb and kneed him in the penis. "When I say fuck off I mean fuck off." I said as I punched him in the face.

I went back inside, which was surprisingly easy, and made my way through the people to get to my booth.

When I got there I sat beside Michael and cried. He comforted me and told me that is be okay. I told him what happened and he kissed my temple. Luke didn't give a shit because I wasn't "his girlfriend". I laid my head down and just stopped crying.

"MacKenzie." Michael said poking me. "What?" I asked irritated. Not at him but just at everything in general. "I think you're gonna want to see this." He said sorrowful. I picked my head up and looked at what he was pointing to. It was Keeley and Luke getting awfully close...

Michael got up with me and we stood back to watch them. Not far enough where we couldn't hear them but where we didn't seem like we were watching them.

"You look really good tonight." Keeley said putting her hand on Luke's bicep. "You're so strong and muscular too." She said hiccuping. "Are you my girlfriend?" Luke asked her taking her hand off of him and holding it. "Oh," Keeley hiccuped again, "I'm sure Kenz won't mind." She said getting closer to him.

"I can't Keeley. I made her a promise." He said letting go of her hand. "So did I. But that's okay. She'll forgive us and think it was her fault. If she even finds out." Keeley smiled.

My mouth widened and my eyes started getting glossy. "No. Keeley would never do this." I said, my voice cracking. My nose got hot and my throat started to burn. She set both of their drinks down on a table and giggled as she put her arms around his waist.

"You look so good in that dress Kenz." Luke said closing his eyes.

"I'm Keeley," hiccup, "you doof." Keeley giggled. I clenched my jaw and dug my nails into my palms. She leaned her head in slowly as Luke lifted his hands. "No. No Mikey. She wouldn't go through with this. No." I said just standing there.

They were my best friends. Luke was the one I wanted to have a family with. I planned my whole future with him. Keeley was going to be the "Krazy Aunt Keeley" to Luke and my kids. We were going to be so happy together. He was going to tear up at our wedding as I walked down the isle. Keeley was going to be one of my maid of honors with Ainsley. We were going to be perfect.

I looked up and they kissed. I let out a sobbing scream and left the building. She, she promised. She said she'd never be that friend. Luke promised not to cheat. You never break your promises. "MacKenzie!" Michael screamed chasing after me.

He wrapped his arms around me as I screamed for him to let me go. He bundled me in a hug as I sobbed. "They promised." I cried out. Michael rubbed my back and rocked me back and forth.

"I'm going to stay put here until someone comes for you to get you to the hotel. When you're there text me. I may be tipsy but I'm really good at remembering things for when I'm sober. I'll wait here and get everyone back safely. Okay?" He said making me look him in the eyes. "Okay." I whispered nodding.

We waited in the club parking lot for about 20 minutes before someone came to pick me up. I got in the van and sat still as I cried.

I looked at my hands to see what I could. I had my eye make up smeared all over the back of my hands and thumbs. I couldn't imagine what my face looked like. I hadn't seen Calum all night. I wonder if he had a one night stand.

Right now? Right now I wish I could wake up with a little amnesia.

My head hurt so bad and my throat was still flaring. Luke was my one and only. Keeley was my best friend. We did everything together when Ainsley and I didn't. I couldn't imagine a life without one let alone all three.

"Why is it always me?" I asked just below a whisper. I remembered back to when I was a little girl. When my parents were both there. When they both cared. When all I had to worry about was coloring inside the lines. Why couldn't it be like that? Why couldn't I grow up a normal child? Why was it that I was the one who grew up like a screw up? Why did everything have to be so complicated? I wish I could go back. I wish I could go back to the night I was conceived to warn my parents to use protect that way their fuck up of a daughter wouldn't be here. It's probably this way because I was a mistake. An accident.

I wasn't supposed to be made. I wasn't even supposed to be here just like my little sibling... She was on the pill, they took all of the precautions. Why was I still made? Why did they have to leave? Why did that little sibling have to be a miscarriage. Why am I all alone in this world?