Chapter 97

I already had Ainsley, Calum, Ashton, and Cierra's Christmas presents bought. Keeley's were being shipped and Michael's was being delivered. I still hadn't bought Luke's yet so I woke up early and went to Calum's house.

He said that Mali and his parents were going out for breakfast and then they were having a picnic, so I just came over.

I knocked on the door and made sure that I wasn't waking Ainsley up. Calum came downstairs and greeted me at the door. "Hey! Ainsley is sleeping downstairs in the game room so it'll be just you and me until she wakes up. We can go up to my room if you want." He said as I was taking off my shoes.

"Sounds good. So I was thinking I know what I wanted to get him but I just didn't know here I would find it." I said as we got to his room.

I got bored as Calum was searching so I started pacing his room and singing. He told me he didn't mind as long as I didn't wake Ains. I laughed and kept singing.

"And live while we're young." I finished off walking around and looking at his old soccer pictures.

He was just like Ainsley as a kid. Always pictures and medals and trophies everywhere. It was adorable and annoying at times.

I hummed and my voice cracked. I made weird noises to clear it and giggled. Calum shook his head laughing and I sarcastically pouted.

"Because you know I'm all about that bass, 'bout that bass, 'bout that bass. Hey Calllummm. Are you all about that bass?" I asked trying to hold in my laughter. "Shut up." He said still scrolling.

"When your legs don't work like they used to before. And I can't sweep you off of your feet. Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love?" I trailed off brushing my fingers over the engraving on one of his trophies.

"I drove by all the places we used to hang out getting wasted
I thought about our last kiss, how it felt, the way you tasted
And even though your friends tell me you're doing fine

Are you somewhere feeling lonely even though he's right beside you?
When he says those words that hurt you, do you read the ones I wrote you?

Sometimes I start to wonder, was it just a lie?
If what we had was real, how could you be fine?

'Cause I'm not fine at all

I remember the day you told me you were leaving
I remember the make-up running down your face
And the dreams you left behind you didn't need them
Like every single wish we ever made
I wish that I could wake up with amnesia
And forget about the stupid little things
Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you
And the memories I never can escape

'Cause I'm not fine at all

The pictures that you sent me they're still living in my phone
I'll admit I like to see them, I'll admit I feel alone
And all my friends keep asking why I'm not around

It hurts to know you're happy, yeah, it hurts that you've moved on
It's hard to hear your name when I haven't seen you in so long

It's like we never happened, was it just a lie?
If what we had was real, how could you be fine?

'Cause I'm not fine at all

I remember the day you told me you were leaving
I remember the make-up running down your face
And the dreams you left behind you didn't need them
Like every single wish we ever made
I wish that I could wake up with amnesia
And forget about the stupid little things
Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you
And the memories I never can escape

If today I woke up with you right beside me
Like all of this was just some twisted dream
I'd hold you closer than I ever did before
And you'd never slip away
And you'd never hear me say

I remember the day you told me you were leaving
I remember the make-up running down your face
And the dreams you left behind you didn't need them
Like every single wish we ever made
I wish that I could wake up with amnesia
And forget about the stupid little things
Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you
And the memories I never can escape

'Cause I'm not fine at all
No, I'm really not fine at all
Tell me this is just a dream
'Cause I'm really not fine at all"

I ended giggling. "Did you have to?" Calum asked turning around. I nodded my head and started laughing.

"I found it!" He yelled a little too loud. "You're gonna wake up sleeping beauty." I said laughing. He rolled his eyes and I walked over to him.

I hummed Stuck On You by Ross Lynch while I read over what he found. "That's actually perfect." I said looking at him. "Do you think he'll like it?" I asked nervously. "Are you fucking kidding? If I were him I'd marry you on the spot." He said turning back to the computer. "Aw thanks Calum." I said hugging him.

"Alright what are you gonna get him?" I asked. "I don't know yet. Maybe I'll just get him a gift card." He said shrugging.

"Calum!" I said slapping his shoulder. "Get him a real gift. I'll do everything as long as you do all of the computer shit. I'll pay for it, I'll buy it, I- eh- ugh- I don't care. Just do it." I said rolling my eyes.

"Calum? Ainsley?" Luke said entering the house. I looked wide eyed at Calum and heard footsteps coming up the stairs. "Follow my lead and shut up." I said moving to the bed.

I started moaning as Luke banged on the door. Calum shook the bed so it started squeaking and Luke shouted sorry and left. I laughed and managed to sneak out of his room before anyone could notice.