Chapter 49

I smiled widely and ran up to Luke. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pressed our bodies against each others. He still didn't move as if he were in shock, but then he finally wrapped his arms around my waist and squeezed me.

"I thought I wouldn't see you for such a long time." Luke whispered in my ear. I giggled and said, "I'm just that good." And kissed his cheek. "Aw!" I heard Keeley whisper behind me. I smiled and turned around to face the others. I put my arm around Luke's waist and he put his around my shoulder. "So we have an hour to be with you guys then you have to get ready. And let's go!" I said excitedly dragging out 'and'. "Yeah, we'll meet up with you in a couple minutes, Keeley and I are gonna stay back." Ashton said smiling. "Okay love birds. Cierra, I assume you and Mikey are going to "play video games"." I said in quotation marks giggling. "Yeah, "we are"." Cierra said with a confused look on her face. "Wait were you trying to hint at something? 'Cause seriously we're only going to play video games." Cierra said with a look of realization on her face. I laughed.

It's been about twenty minutes already and Luke and Cal have been showing Ainsley and I around the arena. Calum and Ainsley broke off and Mikey, Cierra, Keeley, and Ash haven't met up with us yet. "Follow me." Luke said taking my hand and dragging me somewhere.

I giggled and followed him, as he said. He pulled me into a pitch black room. "Where are we?" I whispered, giggling. I heard a switch flick and the lights immediately came on. "Whoa..." I said looking around. He brought me to this really cool game room. I reached my hand out to touch the fabric of a couch but Luke grabbed my hand and tried to spin me around. We ended up falling backwards a little bit and into a wall.

"So..." I said looking at the door beside us. "Let me see your arms please." Luke said gently picking up my hands anyway. He had a look of disappointment on his face making me want to cry. He lifted my arms to his mouth and gently kissed every one of my cuts.

His lips were warm on my cool skin. He leaned his head closer to mine and, thanks to my heels, we were somewhat the same height. I slowly closed my eyes and put my hands in the back pocket of his jeans. His soft lips pressed against my glossed ones and I felt his warm, minty, breath linger on my mouth. We broke apart. It was short and sweet but still made my heart race.

I laid my head on Luke's chest and he picked me up. I screamed a little from the sudden action and that caused Luke to trip. Evidently, making us fall to the floor. I laughed so hard tears almost started to flow.

I kissed Luke on the cheek and in between my constant giggles I told him it was alright. He laughed and pulled me on his lap. "No! I'm too fat!" I said trying to escape Luke's grip.

"The fuck?" He said almost offended. He sighed and kissed my shoulder. "MacKenzie, you're beautiful in every way. I don't ever want to hear you say something like that about yourself again. Got me?" He said looking me in the eye. "I can't guarantee but I'll try. Just for you." I said holding his hand. "Please promise me." Luke said with puppy dog eyes, making my heart melt. I sighed and looked away from his piercing, blue eyes.

"Listen Luke..." I trailed off. "You'll never see myself in my eyes and I'll never see myself in your eyes. That's a little complicated but completely true." I said. He pushed my chin with his fingers so I was looking at him again. He dropped his hand and sat it on my thigh. "No, I get it. But, I still don't want to hear you say bad things about yourself. Alright?" He asked. I nodded my head and kissed him.

It had been forty minutes now and I was starting to get worried. I had a shaky demeanor. "Where are they? They should've met up with us by now. I'm starting to get a bit anxious." I told Luke as I paced the hallways. He came out from the game room, thing, and shut the door. He grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. "It'll be okay." He said kissing my head as we walked towards the band dressing room.