Chapter 63

We sat there for what I wanted to be forever. "You never showed me your tattoo." Luke whispered playing with my hair while my head was on his chest.

I put my hands under my hair and slowly ripped the bandaid off. That's the kind of person I am I guess. I folded it up and threw it in the garbage can. I stood up and turned my back towards Luke.

I lifted my hair and put my head down. He traced his fingers over it lightly. "It's beautiful. Why'd you wanna get this though." He asked. "Well, before I met you I had always hoped I'd do just that." I said turning around to face him. "So I got the flying pig because I used to always think, Yeah, I'll meet Luke Hemmings when pigs fly, so now that I've met you, I got the tattoo to symbolize that things do come true. The pig flying represents my thoughts that I'd never meet you but I have so, the pig can fly." I said smiling. "It's stupid never mind." I said looking down at my fiddling fingers.

"Hey, it's cute that you thought that way. Especially because you got a tattoo for me." He said grabbing my shoulders making me look at him.

"Hey, did you get taller?" He asked. "Because you're as tall as me now." "Well, kinda. But I have 5 inch heels on if that makes a difference." I said looking at my feet. "That makes you 5' 7"!" He exclaimed. "Well yeah, nice math. Liz taught you well." I smirked putting my hands on his waist.

"I can't believe you grew four inches in the past month." He said shocked. I giggled but he frowned. "I wonder how tall you're gonna get in three months..." He said trailing off. My smile faded and I pressed our bodies together, laying my head on his shoulder. "Don't think about that Luke. The time'll be over before you know it. I promise." I said smiling. He wrapped him arms around my waist and we just stood there hugging.

While we were standing there I had a sudden thought. "Luke I have to go back." I said looking him in the eye, mouth agape. "What?" He asked nervous. "What the hell do you mean. I just got you back you can't leave."

"I have to go back to Australia and tell everyone who MK really is." I said with glossy eyes. Luke let out a deep breath. "You have to promise me you won't do it until Christmas that was we can go back to Australia together." He said. "I promise; otherwise, it'll be like a shot in the chest." I said wrapping my arms around his neck.

I squeezed my arms around him and started softly crying. "Babe. MacKenzie, what's wrong?" Luke asked shifting his head to look at me. "I'm right here what's the matter?" He asked again. "Luke, you have no idea how deep of a depression I went in while we were apart. You have no idea how many sleepless nights I had crying over you in the corner of the room." I said.

God I'm glad I'm wearing waterproof makeup. "MacKenzie." Luke softly said squeezing my waist closer to him. "I'm here. I'm here with you right now. You don't have to cry. I will always be there with you. No matter what." He said.

"I know it's been a hard month but we have to be happy that we're seeing each other right now. I missed you so much, too and you're right. I didn't have any idea of how much you missed me. But that night where you left me hanging on the phone, I just couldn't handle it anymore. I needed you. I needed you more than anything in the world. I would've gave anything to see you that night. But now I'm seeing you right before my eyes. I'm holding you in my arms. I can't stop touching you because I wasn't able to for the past month. I love you." He said rocking us back and forth. (Oh God I'm getting the feels writing this)

We stood there rocking for quite some time when Luke started singing quietly.

"Throwing rocks at your window at midnight
You met me in your backyard that night
In the moonlight you looked just like an angel in disguise
My whole life seemed like a postcard" I joined in making sure he was the main voice heard between the two of us.

"You were mine for a night
I was out of my mind
You were mine for a night
I don't know how to say goodbye

Making all our plans in the Santa Cruz sand that night
Thought I had you in the palm of my hand that night
Screaming at the top of my lungs til my chest felt tight
I told myself that I'm never gonna be alright" I looked him in the eye as we sang softly.

"You had me wrapped around your finger
I'm wrapped around your finger

Throwing rocks at your window at midnight
You met me in your backyard that night

You were mine for a night
I was out of my mind
You were mine for a night
I don't know how to say goodbye

Making all our plans in the Santa Cruz sand that night
Thought I had you in the palm of my hand that night
Screaming at the top of my lungs til my chest felt tight
I told myself that I'm never gonna be alright" I placed my hands on his cheeks and rubbed my thumbs over them.

"You had me wrapped around your finger
I'm wrapped around your finger

Wrapped around your finger
Wrapped around your finger."

I kissed him just like I had before. Slowly but passionately. I closed my eyes and felt our lips move together like no one else had with me.