Chapter 4: The truth

Nialls POV

We pulled up to the house, a place where all 5 of us were staying. I wanted to introduce Scarlet to the boys right away. They would fall in love with her, just like I did. We walked in the house. Louis and Harry were playing video games, Zayn was on the phone with someone, and Liam was on his computer.

"Hey lads" I said, but none of them payed attention.

"Hey lads!" I said again. They turned their heads to acknowledge, then turned back around. Then, all at the same time they turned their heads my way, with their mouths open, staring at Scarlet. She took a step behind me very shyly.

"This is Scarlet. A friend" I said. But was she really a friend? Was she more? Of course she was more to me. I heard Louis say something, but I was zoned, thinking.

"Nialllll?" Louis said.

"Sorry, just thinking" then I saw Scarlet already sitting by the boys, in between Harry and Louis. She was having a conversation with Harry and smiling as well as laughing.

"Harry, can I talk to you?" I said as I walked in the kitchen.

We got in the kitchen and Harry blurted out, "She's hot!"

"Harry!" I said as I kept a straight face.

"What?"

"I like her. I really like her" I said and Harry laughed.

"What?" I said

"Well, does she like you back?"

"Im not sure. I bought her this today though." I pulled out the bracelet.

"Oh, wow. That's a really nice bracelet" He said and I smiled. "So, if you like her, tell her"

"What if she doesn't like me back?"

"Whats not to like about you? Do you want me to talk to her?" Harry suggested.

"Yeah, sure... But no flirting!"

"No promises" Harry said

"Harry!" I said loudly.

"Im kidding Ni! Ill go talk to her"

"Thanks" I said with a smile and we walked out.

Harrys POV:

"Hey Scarlet, wanna go for a walk?" I said right away

"Uh sure. I guess. Wanna come Niall?" she said.

"No, Niall will stay here" I said right away and Scarlet gave me a confused look, shrugged her shoulders, and walked outside

"Sooo, Scarlet. How'd you guys meet? Niall just ran out during the concert. He had some kind of panic attack it seemed like" I said

"Well, I just got some bad texts that I wasn't expecting, I ran out and Niall was out there before I knew it. He took me home and we talked for a little after that. It seems we've gotten pretty close. I really like him, but I know he doesn't want a girlfriend. Especially not me, when he can have pretty much anyone in the world." She said looking down

I stopped her. " Why would you say that?"

"It just seems like this is all a dream, and if something happens between us, then we'll just eventually grow apart and it will be like nothing ever happened. I guess what I am saying is that he probably doesn't picture us dating. Were just friends I guess.. We kissed, but what is that supposed to mean? Boys are confusing, you wouldn't under-."

"Do you not see the way he looks at you? He kissed you, and you think that means nothing? He hasn't been like this in a while. Its good to see the happy, energized Niall back. He doesn't just want to be "friends" with you. He's obsessed with you. Youre his princess. The one he's been waiting for." She looked away

"What? Are you afraid of falling in love with Niall?" I said

She looked at me and looked away.

"What if girls see me? What if I break their hearts and they go after me with hate and everything?"

"You're going to seriously let girls bring you down? They don't hate you, they're jealous. And even if they're not doing the right thing, you have to ignore them. You know, once when were at a concert, a group of girls told Niall he didn't deserve to be in the band, that he was ugly and a bad singer. They made him get out of our picture. So i told them, I wouldn't take the picture unless Niall was in it. And with that, the girls left"

"Thats terrible! How could they? Niall is such an amazing boy and-"

"You like him! He likes you! Go for it!" I smiled and we laughed until we walked inside again.