Chapter 62: Why am I always letting her go?

Scarlets POV:
We arrived back at at the boys place and I walked upstairs with Hannah. We walked into a guest bedroom. The colors were beautiful. There were white walls, with a bed covered in fluffy, gray sheet, and white and gray pillows. There was a large window and lights light all around the room.  I sat down on the bed and Scarlet walked into the bathroom to take her makeup off.

"Hannah" I said, and looked down at my feet.

"Ya?" She said, aggressively wiping all her mascara off.

"Well...It's just that...You dont think Niall actually thinks I'm gonna follow him on his tour. I mean, I have mine to finish. It just all got so difficult and I need to finish what I started." I said and she walked out of the bathroom.

"Scarlet, I dont know what to say. Dont you think you should stay with Niall?" She looked at me and asked.

"Well, thats just it; Im not su-" I started saying.

"You should've just seen the look on his face when you left. He acted as if you'd never be back. He never smiled, talked, or even looked at any of us. The first time we all saw him smile was tonight. You've left a mark on his heat, and when you had to go, his heart was practically dented," She told me.

"But Hannah, I have a job too. I can't always just follow Niall around to make him happier! I need to go my own ways sometimes, and he needs to accept that."

"I couldn't agree more. But what about Jay? Aren't you scared? He kidnapped you."

"I gave him a couple sleeping pills before he left. He drove off, probably stuck in a ditch anyways." I said and Hannah laughed.

"About Jay..." I started saying.

She looked at me.

"Those videos I sent. He made me send them to Niall. He made me tell Niall I wanted to be with Jay. He treated me like his servant; which is someone I will never be, and-"

"Scarlet, Niall knew he had to come find you, whether you meant what you said or not. He knows you better than you know yourself" She said and walked back to the bathroom.

She dressed and washed her face. While she splashed water on her face I started talking.

"Hannah, Im going back home. I can't be chased the rest of my life," I said and she stopped. 

She brought her face up and water dripped down her clothes.

"Scarlet no! What are you supposed to tell Ni-"

"Hes not gonna know. Niall can't know, and YOU can not tell him."

"Scarlet! No way!"

"Hannah." I said and stared through her eyes.

"Fine." She said and I nodded.

I opened the door, and there he was. Niall, standing in the door.

I jumped.

"How long have you been there?" I asked.

"What am I not supposed to know?" He asked and I tried to walk past him. 

He grabbed my arm and twirled me back to him, my chest touching his.

"Niall, stop" I said and looked to the left of me.

"Scarlet" He said, wrapping a hand around my waist.

I pushed it off and backed up. I stopped and looked into his eyes.

"Niall" I said directly into his eyes.

He shook his head.

Nialls POV

I walked upstairs to check on Scarlet. I heard voices and touched my ear to the door.

Hes not gonna know. Niall can't know, and YOU can not tell him." Scarlet had said.

"Scarlet! No way!" Hannah had raised a voice.

What in the world was Scarlet hiding.

"Hannah." Scarlet said.

"Fine." Hannah concluded and I heard footsteps come to the door. 

It was Scarlet. Her appearance gave me goosebumps; she was so beautiful, even when she was hiding secrets from me. 

"How long have you been there?" she asked.

"What am I not supposed to know?" I immediately answered.

She was trying to dodge the question and started walking past me. I grabbed her arm and she quickly turned her around, her long, silky hair following the motion.

She tried to get out, but I grabbed her waist. She took my arm and back away, looking into my eyes. I felt as if I had been shot in the heart; rejected

"Scarlet" I said.

She looked at me.

"Niall" She replied.

"Scar, what are you hiding,?" I asked and shook my head.

"Nothing."

"Scarlet. Tell me right now"

"Niall! You can't force me to tell you everything happening in my life. You can't tell me what to do and I dont want to follow you to be safe. Maybe by always being with you, I'm not safe. Haven't you noticed?" She said and I tightened my fist. 

I put my hands on my head and pulled at my hair, walking towards her.

"What are you saying?" I asked.

"Niall, its problem after problem. I dont get what I want sometimes, and you dont either." 

"Well what do you want!" I raised my voice at her.

"Its not that simple!" She yelled back at me.

"What do you want!"

She started crying and sat down, her back against the wall, and her head in the knees. 

I walked near her and grabbed her hands, pulling her up and close to me. She cried into my shoulder and I rubbed her back. She looked in my eyes, and I wiped her pink cheeks.

"You Niall. I want you, but I can't have you. I can't be with you all the time and  constantly think about you, because I have to worry about my problems. I have Jay now. I have to be with him, Niall."

"Shh, what are you saying, you're safe now." I said to her and she shook her head.

"I will never be safe, as long as Im alive. Cant you see it. Me being with you, is causing problems in safety and I will be tracked down by what I used to call my friend."

"Scar, no, its okay."

"No, Niall. Maybe in the future, it will be okay. But Niall, I'm not going with you. I need to go back home." She said and backed up.

"No!" I grabbed her wrist.

"Niall, stop. I need you to trust me this time. If you want me to be safe and for me to come back to you, then you need to let me go"

"But, Im always letting you go. What about when I marry you? Am I supposed to just let you go? Let our love go?"

"Niall! Our love will never go. But you need to let my body go. I'll come back. I always do. ." She said and walked downstairs and out the door.

No goodbye, no hug, no thank you, no I love you.