Chapter 36: Broken, not touched, then passionately kissed

Scarlets POV:

I honestly couldn't stand Niall being like this. It hurt me more than it hurt him. I thought he was getting his memory back slowly, but he didn't. He forgot who I am. He kissed me, but it felt different. He didn't know me. He kissed me weird. We never French kiss. I liked it though. It just wasn't the Niall I was used to. I had to give it time, but I felt like we would have to start over. He didn't know my age, my family, what I've been thorough, ANYTHING that happened. Before we were home, he was laying in the hospital bed, and didn't even know my name.

I was asleep in the spare bedroom in the house. I didn't sleep with Niall that night. I couldn't. I cried when I fell asleep. This is all my fault. I've ruined the past 3 months of his memory. I've ruined the past 3 months of us.

I woke up to a body, sitting right by my hips.

"Niall, how long have you been there?" I asked as I wiped my eyes.

"A while. Do you always cry in your sleep?" He asked. He could tell I was crying from the night before.

"No, not normally." I said to him.

"Why are you sad darling?" He asked. He's never called me that. It felt different.

"Niall, I've ruined us. You remember nothing. It's pointless to start over. I-" I started saying and he touched my leg

"Are you saying you don't want to be together?" He interrupted and I widened my eyes.

"What! No of course not! I said I would do anything to help you remember. There's just so much that has happened and as much as I tell you about it, you won't be able to actually feel what you felt all those moments. It's just stressful" I said and he nodded

Niall's POV:

I woke up and remembered everything. I looked next to me to think I would see scarlet, but I didn't. I walked downstairs and opened the guest bedroom. There I was her, sleeping. Scarlet was in pain. I saw her crying. She never cried. She was ashamed of herself. She didn't sleep with me last night. I felt like I should tell her that I remember everything that happened. Would that make her happy? I feel like it would be even more awkward. That I remembered running out, seeing a car come towards me, her screaming...everything would just be tense between us.

"Scarlet? Would it be awkward if I remembered everything?" I asked.

"Niall, it wouldn't be awkward. But I would still feel terrible. I don't want you to remember what happened to you. But I want you to remember us. I know you don't, and I'm worried you never will" she said to me.

I wanted to tell her I remembered.

"And what happens if I don't remember?" I asked

"We move on I guess" she closed her eyes and a tear fell down.

I wanted to tell her I remembered.

"Some things change" she whispered

"Remember when I lost you? And you came back to me? I told you that if it comes back to you, it's yours. And you came back, it was special" I said to her.

Scarlets POV:

Why did this have to happen?

"Niall, if you don't remember us, we can start over. A new chapter. New memories. Its just hard for me. I don't know" I told him.

He tried touching my arm, but I moved it. He looked at me funny.

I didn't want to be touched by Niall, I didn't want me to remember memories of when he touched me, and a new chapter of feels, kisses, and us. I wanted him back only.

"Niall, did you and the nurse...you know..have a thing? Even a little connection?" I asked softly.

"God Scarlet! NO!" He said in a high voice.

"Not even a little flirting, anything?" I asked again.

"Are you an idiot?! Why w-" He started saying.

He called me an idiot....

HE, NIALL, called ME and idiot. The one who supposedly cared about me so much. The one I cared about so much.

I started crying. He stopped talking.

"Scarlet, stop. I didn't mean it. You're the smartest, most beautiful human in my life; on earth."

He tried hugging me, but I was tense. I then realized I really did love him. I relaxed my muscles and winded my arms around his body. I wrapped my legs around his waist and he pulled my hips in so I was sitting on his lap. I could tell it hurt him, but he didn't care. I cried into his shoulder, which smelled like a pine scented cologne.

He kissed my hair line. We then laid down on the bed and he hovered over my body. He leaned into kiss me. I grabbed his face and kissed him softly. He removed hair from my face and stared into my eyes. His were red. I hadn't looked at his eyes all this time, until now. Niall had been crying too.

"There are those those beautiful eyes." He said. I smiled.

"And that amazing smile" He said and kissed my cheek.

"Scarlet... I have to tell you something" He said to me strongly.

Oh no....

____________________

what do you guys think he is gonna tell her???? :))))

AND WTF THE BAND CANT SPLIT UP NO NO IM GONNA CRY:(((