Chapter 27: Something beautiful

Nialls POV:

I watched as Scarlet dressed herself into a beautiful outfit. She looked consummate.

I took her hand and intwined my fingers with hers. I put my sunglasses on and we walked to the lobby. I could hear screaming coming from outside.

"Niall, are you sure we can go out in the city?" She asked and looked outside.

I bit my lip. "We'll be fine. I hope" I whispered.

She looked scared.

"Hey," I stopped her and touched her chin.

"What" she looked away.

"We've done this so many times scar. We're in an amazing city right now. And I have an amazing girl beside me. Which means we're going to have an amazing time." I said and she smiled.

We quickly jumped into our car and a couple body guards got in the front.

I watched as scarlet opened the window, looking out, and taking her hair off of her face every 5 seconds. I laughed and she smiled. I grabbed her waist and pulled her close to me. She quickly turned her head to me, grabbing my face and touching her nose to mine; laughing. I watched as her smile got wider.

She then just laid against me, putting her feet on the window, and she pulled her phone out. She took a picture of us and put it on her Instagram. It was amazing how she looked perfect in every photo.

Scarlets POV:

We arrived to New York City and walked into a building. We went to the desk and an older woman greeted us. She smiled at me and I gave her a very cheesy smile.

"Reservation for scarlet for two please" Niall said to the lady.

She smiled and led us to a couple seats.

"Niall what are we doing?" I asked in excitement.

He didn't say anything and just smiled.

The women handed us skates and Niall put mine on for me. I stood up and walked around, trying not to fall. I really didn't want to fail in front of him. He came up behind me and pulled my hand to a door. He covered my eyes and led my to the rink.

When I opened my eyes, I felt as if I couldn't move. There were couples our age and older, skating, laughing, holding hands. Christmas music was playing. Snow was falling on us. The rink was lit with red, blue, and white lights. Niall pulled me into the ice rink and we skated around and around.

"Niall, this has been the best Christmas in my whole life. I never imagined that on this day, I would be here, in New York, with you, on my birthday. It just seems like it's not real" I said to him. He looked at me

"Babe, it's real" he said and squeezed my hand tighter.

"Niall, what if one day, this all didn't happen" I said to him.

"What are you talking about?" He replied while scrunching his eyebrows.

"Like what if this is a dream. I'm living in a dream. Or you're living in a dream. And this isn't your actual life. One day you'll just wake up as a baby, or a teenager, or a married old person." I said all of that while looking him in the eyes, not even blinking.

He stopped me.

"Scarlet, it's real. You're real, I'm real, were real....how do you come up with these silly thoughts?" He said and kissed me forehead.

"Oh, by the way, have you called your mom; like at all yet?" He asked

"No, not really, why?"

"You probably should. She cares about you, misses you...probably" he said.

I smiled and pulled his hand for a couple more circles around the rink.