Chapter 51: Day with Maura

Scarlets POV:

We drove to a small nail salon and  they were with us right away. The workers told us to pick out a color then sit in the chair. I picked out a burgundy and Maura picked a dark red. We sat next to each other and put our feet in the warm, bubbly water.

"This feels amazing." She said and I laughed.

Two staff members came and sat by our feet. They cut our nails and massaged our feet. It was wonderful.

"So, Scarlet. What are your plans?" She asked.

"What do you mean?" I wondered.

"With Niall, your future. Are you planning on having a future with him?" She asked and for some reason I didnt know what to say.

I didnt know if Niall had told her anything; anything bad, that he didnt want to be a thing forever, that he didnt think I wanted to.

"I love him and want to be with him for the rest of my life. He has saved me and brought out the better in me. I dont know what I would do without him. But I understand and support him if he doesn't feel the same way" I told her, looking right into her eyes.

"No, no, Niall is 101% in love with you. He told me he feels like you're trying to avoid him. Whenever he wakes up, you're not there most of the time. He feels like you're trying to slowly inch away from him. And he's scared, he's scared you'll find someone else when you're on tour. He wants you to be more than a girlfriend." She told me.

"I am more than his girlfriend. I would never try to inch away. I will never find anyone as clever, nice, and caring as him. Whatever will be, will be, but I want us forever. I just didnt know how to act these last couple days. I didnt think we'd have to be separated, you know? It just made me feel like I needed some alone time, to think, to be away from him so I wouldn't want him more and more. And now that he's gone, it feels like I haven't seen him in days, and I miss him"

"You guys are meant to be. Your love is stronger than anyone on this earth. And thats something. TO be so in love, for me to witness it, its a beautiful thing. And Im sure the only thing he's thinking about is you right now." She said and I smiled.

"Thank you" I said as I closed my eyes.

After our feet were done, I stood up an waddled to the  front, so I wouldnt mess my nails up.

I paid for mine and hers, but she didnt know that yet. Maura stood up and thanked them. She pulled her wallet out, but I took it and pulled her outside. 

"Wait, Scarlet! I have to-" She started saying, boldly.

"Already did" I said and we both smiled.

We got in the car and closed the doors.

"To the airport?" She said. I nodded, not wanting to leave.

We arrived at the same airport Niall left at. I thought of him, what he was doing, where he was, what he was thinking of. I would never know. Thats how crazy everything in life is.

I walked to the terminal and checked in. I was getting on a jet, back to my home, so I could see my mom before I left. I haven't seen her for many months, and I was nervous. I saw the small plane and didnt want to enter it. I hugged Maura and a tear fell. She wiped it.

"You're a strong girl. And just think, you're going to rock every stage, meet new people, and see Niall before you even know it. You'll talk about your adventures and it'll be like you were with each other the whole time. Trust me." She said, wiping my cheek.

"And also, I want all details. You're like my daughter I'll never have. I had a lot of fun this morning. You are welcome back anytime, and never hesitate to call!" She said to me, softly.

I hugged her so tight and for many seconds. I picked up my bag, put it on my shoulder, and walked down to the plane, blowing her a kiss, just like I do to Niall.

I entered the plane, and sat down immediately. They greeted me, and we were off. I cried myself to sleep, listening to the boys album. I missed them, and I could call them. I wanted to be held, by Niall. I wanted his warm hands to wipe my tears.

I didn't know what to expect now in life, but I knew it was going to be okay. And Niall knew that too.