Chapter 8: Spaces

Scarlets POV:

I was very afraid to go outside, after all the cameras, crowd, hate, and bad people. What if Niall wasn't always there to save me? I was very thankful he saved me. Niall had taken me home and I decided to tell my parents about everything. When i entered the house, my mom was sitting in the chair crying.

"Mom!? Whats wrong?" I panicked.

"You're father has not been home for 4 days Sca-arlet" she said wiping her tears.

"Well, where is he?" I asked

"Sweetie, I think he has found someone else." she said and my stomach fell to the ground.

"No, he couldn't" She started crying more and I rubbed her back.

"I have loved him since we were 18"

"I know mom, i know. Its going to be okay" I said and a tear fell. It reminded me of Niall. I had liked one direction since I was 18. What if Niall and I had a future together? And a family? I ran upstairs and cried. Niall called but I didn't answer. He left a voicemail saying:

"Hey Scar, umm I just wanted to call and see what you were doing. Call me back when you get this message." And there was a short pause before he hung it up.

I cried more and I had no idea why. I really didn't want to see or talk to him at the moment; as well as I didn't want to see or talk to anyone. My dad pretty much left our family. We had the perfect family. I got on my phone and was amazed on how many notifications, and new followers I had. I posted a sad face on twitter and got so many replies asking what was wrong, if Niall and I had broken up, and so much more. I fell asleep and slept all the way till dinner. By this time I had 4 missed calls from Niall, but didn't bother to call back. I didn't want him to hear my pain.

I went downstairs, ate only a slice of pizza, and went back up to my room to fall asleep. I felt broken inside. I felt as if my dad didn't care about our family anymore. I didn't know if he was coming back today, tomorrow, next week, if he found someone else, or if he was dead. I tried to stay confident. I turned my phone off and decided to get some school work in. I felt bad not talking to Niall, and I was probably worrying him, but I just went back to doing school stuff. I felt my life changing.

I stayed in my room for 2 days, staring at the walls.

My mom knocked on my door and walked in to sit on my bed.

"So, I hear you're with Niall?" she smiled

"Ya" I shrugged

"Do you realize how lucky you are sweetie?"

"Yes mom, but its not a big deal. He's just a boy."

"Did something happen between you?" She asked

"No, I just don't want to talk about him right now. He reminds me of dad."

"Sweetie, how long has it been since you've talked to him. Has he been calling you?"

"A couple days. I haven't been answering his calls."

"Scarlet, you need to talk to him. You're going to worry him" she said as she looked me in the eyes.

"What about you and dad?" I asked

"We'll be okay. I am a strong woman" she kissed me and left.

Nialls POV:

Its been two days. Two days since Ive seen her. Two days since I've talked to her. Two days since I've touched her. But I miss her every second. It feels like a million. I think Im going to lose my mind.

"Hey, no Scarlet?" Harry said as he walked to the kitchen the next morning.

I didn't answer him. I stared at my plate which had a full, untouched breakfast.

"The eggs aren't gonna eat themselves Niall. Whats wrong?" He asked

"Scarlet hasn't answered me for two days. She's read all my messages. Im worried Harry" I said as I looked at him.

"She is okay Niall. She may just need a break from us, time for herself. She needs space" He said

I walked upstairs and pulled my guitar out and started putting some notes together. I added words, but none of them fit. Then, I decided to write a song about her; us, and spaces between us. The words started just flowing:

Who's gonna be the first one to start the fight. Who's gonna be the first one to fall asleep at night. Who's gonna be the last one drive away. Who's gonna be the last one to forget this place. We keep taking turns. Will we ever learn

Ooh spaces between us keep getting deeper. It's harder to reach ya even though I try. Spaces between us hold all our secrets. Leaving us speechless and I don't know why. Who's gonna be the first to say goodbye

I fell asleep for the night, singing the song and thinking. Did I do something? Is she in danger? Has she moved on? I felt a tear, as if this has all been a dream.