Chapter 48: Forever Promises With You

Scarlets POV:

We returned home after a couple hours of non stop talking, walking, and little kisses.

I didn't expect Niall to get me anything. I didn't expect Niall to bring me to Ireland. And I surely didn't expect him to take things easy tonight. His flight was before mine tomorrow, to go back to meet the boys. I had to go home to my parents who I haven't talked to in weeks. I had to go home, pack my things, and leave them, as well as Niall and the boys.

I was going to be staying with Maura for a couple hours after Niall, but I decided to go with him to the airport. Maura and Bobby said it would be best if they didn't get in our way and make us feel uncomfortable. I appreciated it.

Niall and I sat outside in the pool as we watched around us. The pool was heated like a bathtub, so we didn't have to worry about the cold air touching out bodies. The only air touching us was on our face, but barely, since we were so close. Niall put his arm around my waist and put his hand next to me, on the ledge of the pool. 

The moon was starting to rise as the sun was still in the sky. The clouds were all different colors of pink and blues.

"Niall" I said quietly, not knowing if he actually heard me.

"Yeah" He answered 5 seconds later.

"Its going to be okay. I need you to stop feeling so down, I need you to know that its for a very short time period. And I need you to know that I will never leave you, do anything to hurt you, see anyone else. Okay? I need you to know that this has to happen, and it had to happen sometime. I love you and most importantly, I need you to know that? Okay Niall?" I said as I looked in his eyes.

He didnt look at me.

"Niall, you're always so cheery, so happy, the one guy that I never thought could be down". I said again.

Then I thought to myself. Was he even sad about us? I wasnt sure anymore. 

" Is this even about us? Are you sad because of us, or something completely different. Because I dont want to keep ranting on if I know that you're not sad about us leaving. Whatever it is tell me, but I dont want to look like a fool, thinking its about-" I started saying, but he grabbed my jaw.

He held it tight, and turned my head towards him. He leaned in and kissed me.

I didnt know what to think. Was it about me? His parents? The whole tour in general?

"Niall. Answer me" I wanted to cry.

"I dont know what to say." He finally got words out. 

I threw my arms around him.

"Is it us? Is there another problem? Whatever it really is, please tell me." I was tearing up.

"Scarlet, I will always miss you, even when I'm with you. I'm worried you won't be safe. Scarlet, I'm worried you'll move on" He told me and my heart stopped. He's said this before to me.

"Ni- Niall." I didnt know how to respond.

"Scarlet? Will you? Will you move on and find another guy?" He asked.

"Niall! You're crazy! Never in my life. You're the one with the millions of girls throwing themselves at your feet. How will I know you won't? Niall, is there something you're not telling me?" 

He looked at me. Yes? No? I didnt know.

"Never, in my life. Never in my life could I find something that comes close to you. Nobody compares to you."

I kissed him.

"Lets make a promise. Okay?" I said to him.

"Okay" he said as he locked our fingers.

"We promise to try to keep in touch. We promise to pray for each other that do good. We promise that whatever happens in this world, we will only belong to each other. Through thick and thin." I said as I squeezed his finger.

"Forever" He said in a sad accent as he squeezed mine tighter.

"And always" I said.

He's never been so gloomy. I hated it.

We got out of the pool and made a fire outside. We decided to warm a frozen pizza and some marshmallows with his family tonight. The moon was full, and the brightest Ive seen in years. This had to mean good luck.

Nialls POV

We made a promise. Who knows what will happen next. What will happen to her. If something goes wrong. Jay. I thought about Jay. No. I can't protect her if he approaches. I tapped her shoulder.

"Mhm?" she mumbled as she grabbed my hand.

"Where is Jay? How will I know you're safe."

"Niall. Sh, the police are watching him. I'll be safe. I heard Becky G will be opening for me. I can't wait." She said so happily. 

I wish I could be as happy as her right now.

"Thats great news" I said as I kissed her cheek. I felt her smile as I kissed her. I love when she does that.

After we ate, Scarlet got up and walked to the door.

"Thank you so much for letting me stay, mom, dad" She said as she laughed.

"You are very welcome dear." My mom said.

"I really do love your house, you guys, Im very grateful." She told them.

"We would love to have you anytime darling" My mom told her again. 

Scarlet walked inside and to the room.

"Niall, I am in absolute love with her. Such a sweet girl." My mom told me and I smiled.

"Me too" I said as I kissed her and walked inside. 

I walked in my room and Scarlet was laying on the bed. I laid next to her and she put her feet on top of mine. I grabbed her hand and rubbed it. She stretched her fingers out and I matched mine up with hers, then bending them as I held her hand. I kissed it and rested our hands on my chest. She rolled over, putting her legs in between my ankles. She was so warm. I felt her as she started breathing heavier. I turned the lights off and took her jacket off, since it looked uncomfortable. I threw a thick blanket over us and put my head on the pillow next to hers. 

I fell for her more and more everyday.

It was going to be okay. I trusted her. Forever and always.