Chapter 53

Monday night
I skipped out there as Paige stares at me in confusion. I smirk at her and step closer to her. I pull her close and kiss her. Like full out, and she actually kissed back. Which wasn't apart of my plan. Kane walks out there and says "Ladies, Ladies instead of playing tonsil hockey and trying to win cutest couple of the year, maybe you should be focused on beating one another in the main event tonight." "That's totally not fair. I shouldn't have to fight her." Paige says defensively. "Why? Don't want to fight your girlfriend?" Kane asks. "Actually I'm not-" I say. "You kissed her. You're dating." Kane says. I glare at him as I lean on the ropes. "Great." I say as I hop out of the ring and skip to the back. I go to the divas locker room and sit by my stuff. "How's the lesbian lover?" Nikki asks mockingly. "Shut up." I say to her. "Poor thing. Didn't think that would happen?" She asks. I get up and grab my phone and leave the locker room. I sit in an empty hall way with a TV. I kept texting John and Roman. They wanted to know if I had a plan. If course I don't! That was weeks of planning, gone to waste. Of course I didn't think about a backup. My first plan always works. I check my email and see something from Orange is the new black Director Lauren Morelli. It said they needed me in for Wednesday. Which was my day off. They wanted to see my reactions with the costars. See if its good. I gave her my number and said that would be fine, I'll probably be there. That's my day off. Stephanie walks over and says "Hey, I remembered that there is this photoshoot going on, for tonight, and stuff so we want it New York themed. There is a shoot on Wednesday." Of course it had to be that day. I love my job, so maybe I shouldn't be going outside my bubble. Why ruin the amazing life I have. "I actually have plans, so maybe I can work my schedule around it." I say. "Well, It's from 1-5." She says. "Wait, if its in New York, it won't be too bad. I have a meeting, I guess you could say in Brooklyn." I say. "Okay. I also want you to go to the children's hospital with a few hand picked wrestlers. On Wednesday of course." She says. "Uhm, okay." I say. She walks away and I start getting into the right mindset. I walk to catering and on the way I get stopped by Paige and a camera. "Hey Pumpkin." She says skipping over. I continue walking. "Just so you know. I don't mind if you let me win. Considering were dating." She says with a smile. "That's great you are okay with that, because tonight you will loose, and I will get my title." I say. "You want it? How about its a handicapped match, for this here title." She says. "Great." I say before skipping off. I walk into catering and sit at a table with a smoothie. John walked over and wrapped his arm around me. "Hey. I'm excited for your match." He says. "Yeah, me too. I can't wait for Paige to torture me in some sadistic say." I say. "If you can survive that, win or loose. I will find you the best person ever."
Later on. After the main event
I walked backstage with a swollen throbbing eye. I was told it would heal in about a week. I took advil and put ice on it. I got changed and put MY TITLE in MY bag. I picked up and saw a text. One from the director.
L-Hey, you did great out there. Are you by chance busy on Wednesday? Or do we need to reschedule?
I respond with:
A- Thanks for watching. I'm actually super swamped on Wednesday, could we possibly make it tomorrow?
I go to my car with my bags and John meets me. "Hey. You did great out there. I'm so proud of you." He says with a smile. Something leads me to not really accept it, and somethings off. Shifty movement. "Listen. I am proud of you, but I can't do this. I tried to tell myself that I didn't love Nicole anymore, but I can't lie to you. I am madly in love with Nicole and jumping into a new relationship right after wasn't smart. I regret it." He says. "That means you and her are together again?" I ask. He nods. "That doesn't mean we can't be friends." He says. "I guess." I say looking down. He pulls my head up so I'm looking at him. "It's not even cause of you. It's my fault." He says. "Alright. I'd love to be friends." I say. "Good." He says. He walks away. A few moments later Dean walks over and says "I need a ride." "Drive. I don't trust myself at the moment." I say to him as I hop in the passenger seat. We leave the arena and have so much traffic so we sit there silently. I am sitting on my phone replying to people on twitter. I hit create and type
Where is the break up ice cream?
I hit tweet. I continued to talk to fans. One fan asked me Was it Dean?! You two can't. Just can't break up. I chuckled to myself and responded. No, it was John Cena. I respond. "Hey. Listen about Paige and I." He says. "What?" I ask. I don't care. It's in the past. "I wasn't cheating. I was trying to get her to tell the plan. To tell you. I gotta say kissing Nikki, and Paige isn't the same as kissing you." He says. "Okay." I say with a lack of interest. "Come on. AJ, I want us. I want you." He says. "I don't want you to think that I want to be broken. Every time we break up you are fine and I'm broken. Maybe all these failed relationships with women tells you to date a guy." I say scrolling on my phone. "I'm not gay." He says. "Well, maybe swing that way instead of hurting me." "You want a big fancy gesture. Fine, I'll give you a fancy gesture." He says.