Chapter 63

I went to my sisters house and decided to head home with the kids. I walk in and grab the kids, tell them that I'm leaving with them two and head home. I get out and put the kids to bed. Scotty texts.
S- Wanna hang out again? That was so much fun.
A- Back in Vegas. You can come to my place if you want.
S- Sure. Sounds fun. Now I get to drive the long way.
I never respond, I decide to respond to Dean. Who I hadn't talked to all-day.
A- I spoke with Gal earlier. She told me what happened. Can't tell though.
D- Why? What happened that everyone can't tell.
A- I'm not saying a word. I promised Gal and I need to talk to Roman about what she said.
D- Fine, whatever I don't care. You guys continue keeping secrets. Have fun!
I roll my eyes.
A- It's not my fucking secret to keep.
D- I'm the one who told you to ask.
A- You told me to ask, and I told her I wouldn't tell. Just chill.
D- Whatever. I'm over it.
I roll my eyes at how much of a jerk he's being. I decide to call Roman. He answers the 3rd ring.
"Hey." I say cheerfully trying to not let the annoyance seep through.
"What's wrong?" He asks right away.
"Dean's being a douche. Nothing much other than that." I say with a sigh.
"Well, he's acting like a 12 year old today. Anyways what's up?" Roman says with a laugh.
"I talked with Gal today." I say.
"What'd she say?" Roman asks worried.
"She said something about you liking me." I say quieter.
"Yeah, oh. Okay. I can explain." He says worried.
"No, don't. Just tell me a yes or no. Do you have feelings for me?" I ask slowly.
"Um, not a no." He says carefully.
"That wasn't an answer. Yes or no." I repeat.
"Yes." He sighs.
"See, you were making things complicated. I just have no clue what to do." I say looking at my hands.
"What do you mean?" He asks.
"Nothing, nothing. Last thing I need is to say what I'm thinking out loud. Just don't tell Dean. He's all ready upset that I didn't tell him what I knew, which wasn't confirmed." I say.
"Don't have this change anything please. It's bad enough I feel like I betrayed him." He says.
"I don't know if I should be the one to say this, or not but its trouble in paradise for Dean and I. I'm so close to dumping him, but I can't." I say with a sigh as a tear slips down my face. I wish I knew why I couldn't fix things with Dean.
"Wait what?" Roman asks.
"I'm not repeating." I say with a sigh.
"Dump him, I'm not saying this so you should date me. You should be happy, and this relationship isn't making you happy. End it." Roman says.
"I've gotta go bye." He says quickly hanging up.
I sigh. Dean, or Roman. Which one? Roman is my best friend and we had been closer for a little while. Dean, was by far the best boyfriend I've ever had, even the best has bad days.
"Hey AJ." Dean says calling me.
"Hey Dean." I say with a sigh.
"I think, and I'm just thinking out loud that hmmm maybe I should dump you so your happy." Dean says. That's when I realized I was in too deep.
"Dean, no you know I love you." I say with a sigh.
"Do you really? I mean from the looks of it, that seems so unlikely." He says.
"Dean, please. I love you. I don't want this to happen." I say more tears slipping down my face.
"Not what you've told Galina or Roman. Not what Roman has told you. I'm done with finding this out. I put 2 and 2 together." He says.
"Listen to me. We have broken up, gotten back together, and broken up again. On repeat. I don't want this break up. You don't either." I say with sigh.
"You don't know what I want, I thought I knew what you wanted but apparently not." He says before hanging up.
I toss my phone across the room before curling into a ball and crying shortly before I fall asleep.
When I wake up I feed the animals, and the kids. Scotty comes over and hangs out with me for a little while. "You okay AJ? You seem different." Scotty says. I nod. "I feel great. I'm fine. Super tired. This injury sucks, these animals are a handful and these kids are pretty hard to take care of." I say ranting. "Woa, woa woa. I didn't ask for all that. I asked if you were okay." He says with a laugh. "I'm fine. I want to kick someone's ass so badly." I say. "Mine?" He asks confused. "Someone's. Anyone's." I say. "Oh, okay." The door unlocked and Seth walked in. "Hey AJ." Seth says walking in. I smile. "Scotty my brother Seth, Seth my friend Scotty." I say introducing them. "Well, he can take the role of getting his asskicked. I'm not physically in shape for that." Scotty says. "Wrestle by the pool?" Seth offers. "You know it." I say. Scotty smiles. "I'm totally gonna watch." He says. We head outside and Seth says "This is totally unfair for you. Your hurt." He says as I take my phone out my pocket and put my knee brace on the chair. Scotty watches as we fight, and were pretty much full out fighting. He hit me in the face, so I hit him back and kicked him pretending to hurt my knee. "Woa, are you okay?" He asks stopping. I nod before pushing him into the cold water. "I hate you." Seth says. "How do you fight and not get hurt?" Scotty asks. "Um, if anything a black eye." We both say. "Oh, okay." Scotty says as Seth gets out the pool. "Well, did that solve any anger in AJ world?" Scotty asks. "Nope." I say. "Well, on that note, I'll see ya soon. Hopefully." He says before leaving. Seth comes in and changes upstairs.