Chapter 61

Dean walked backstage with a giant smile on his face and the title in his face. Roman and Seth tackled him and hugged him. They let go he gives Galina a hug and gives me a hug. He hands me the title and runs off in some direction. "I am now the champ." I say with a smile. "Yeah right." I hear Paige say. "Oh shit." I curse under my breath. Roman and Seth heard and laugh. "Hey Paige. How are you?" I ask with a fake smile plastered on my face. "I'm great, had a wonderful day, ate a great breakfast, lost my title because you cost me my match." She says. "I don't recall what your talking about." I say playing dumb. "Want some help remembering?" She asks taking a step and I move back one. "No, not really. I'm sorry I think this surgery on my knee, from the injury you caused clouded my memory." I say glaring. "One reason why I shouldn't spear you in half right now?" Paige asks. "You act like I have your title." I say sarcastically. "I can't go and get that because Nikki left, and you are the second best punching bag because you made me lose my title." Paige says frustrated. "Well, um that's the real world pumpkin." I say with a smirk. She kicks the chair next to me. "Next ones you." She says as I step back and run into someone. "Sorry." Roman rumbles. "Paige, how's your day?" Dean says coming back with his phone. He wraps an arm around her and turns around while they walk away with a thumbs up facing me. "I definitely deserved that." I say. Seth laughs.
Later that night
Dean came over and said "Hey, for the most part I think Paige is calmed." I nod. "What did you do?" I ask kinda curious. "Nothing really." He responds. "Roman and Gal left, he told me to give you this key." I nod. "Alright." I say. My phone rang and I checked caller ID. My sister.
"Hello?" I say
"Hey. I'm at the arena for the kids." She says.
"Fine. You can come in if you feel the need." I say
"Okay, just give me a minute." She says before I hang up.
I hate the fact that she's keeping shit from me because I'm away, but at this point it's too much. Dean and I sit down. "I'm super glad that I've won tonight." He says. "Me too." I say. Erica walks in a few minutes later I say bye to them and ignore Erica's presence. "What was that?" Dean asks when Erica leaves. "What was what?" I ask in response. "You and Erica." He says. "She's keeping important things from me. I'm an adult I can handle it!" I say frustrated. "Well talk to her." Dean says. "Whatever." I say. After it being quiet for a moment Dean says "I want Roman to win. He's the only one in the Shield who hasn't been champion. I've been it twice and Roman is pretty much the muscle of us." He says. "Romans gonna get his title down the line. He doesn't need you to help him on that." I respond. "He nods. "It kills me he hasn't been champion." "Dean, wake up and stop letting the bromance get in the way. He will champion." I say reassuringly. He smiles. "Yeah, lets go to the hotel. I've got a long day a head of me." He says. I nod and we head out. I get out and he leads me to my room. He gives me a kiss and leaves. I unlock the door and walk in. Roman is sitting on the bed with his head in his hands. "Hey Roman what's wrong?" I ask him. "I think I just got dumped." He says with a sigh "What? Why?" I ask. "Well, Gal... Never mind nothing." He sighs. "Fine whatever." I say laying on the couch. "Night Roman." I say. "Night." He responds. Instead of falling asleep I go on twitter. I get this DM from Scotty Sire. A viner. (I usually don't like to change facts but for this book Scotty is the same age as AJ!) I had talked to him a few times, but never through DM.
Ss-Hey AJ. It's been a while since we've hung out. Wondering if you will do a YouTube video with me, if you aren't on the road.
I decide to respond back.
A- Yeah, Sounds awesome. I get back to Vegas Monday night/Tuesday morning.
I never get a response, but I do start to think about Dean. He hardly was showing affection or paying attention to me. I have no clue why, but I've gotta find out. Like is he suddenly not interested in me?
Miz TV
I walked out for Miz TV and he smiles. "AJ, great to see ya." He says. "Thanks Miz great for inviting me on here." I say with a smile. Not wanting to start something just yet. "Well, AJ last night you cost Paige the divas title to one Nikki Bella. Why? What's going on in your head? Is there a reason? Is this lightbulb in your head dimming?" He asks. I glare at him. "Well, I did it because Paige deserved it. She deserved a hell of a lot more for making me be out for a long time." I say. Paiges music hits and I back up a bit as she walks out. She steps into the ring and I step back leaning on the ropes. "Hey AJ! Did I miss something? You upset I'm better than you?" She asks. "I'm upset you thought you were good. Well newsflash you aren't." "Paige. You aren't causing chaos on my show!" Miz shouts and Paige turns to face him, that's when I quickly jump up on her and hold in the black widow really quickly before rolling out the ring and walking backwards to the back as Nikki walks to the Ring after Paige. I walk through the curtain and just hang around for 30 minutes before leaving for the airport. Dean offered to drive me, but I refused. He had something to do tonight. "Bye babe, see ya later." He says. I nod and kiss him on the lips before leaving the room. Roman and Seth were talking a little bit away from the door. "I'm leaving. I'll see you guys soon." I say. "Aw. Okay." Seth says hugging me. Roman gives me a hug and says "I'll text later." I nod. "Okay cool." I say before heading off.