Chapter 54

I tried to put makeup on to cover this awful black eye. I touched it gently and it hurt, and made tears come out. Bad thing was it was giant. Roman walked over and says "Hey, nice black eye." I glare. "At the moment covering it up hurts so bad." I say. I grab the car keys, sunglasses and walk out the door. I was determined to go back to my roots and take the subway. I know even now which ones can get me where without passing many people. I put my sunglasses on and hop in the car. I get to the lot and park. I head to the train station. I buy my ticket and go to the area for the train. Lucky me got stuck with the wrestling fans. I love fans, but I hate talking to people on the train. Thirty minutes later I get off and walk a few blocks. I see Matt McGorry, Taylor Schilling, and Dasha Polanco. I walked over and said "Hi. I'm AJ." I pulled my glasses up ontop of my head and they have me weird looks. "Hey. I'm Taylor." Taylor says. The rest introduce themselves. "Great to meet you guys." I say. "You too. So, where are you from?" Matt asks. "I'm from Union City." I say with a smile. He nods. "Oh cool. Not to be rude, but what happened to your eye?" Matt asks. "I was in a match." I say. "Wait what?" Taylor asks. "I wrestle. I got punched in the eye." I explain. "Oh cool. Can we see you wrestle? Are you any good?" Dasha asks. "Yep, I'm the champion. We have an event tonight in Brooklyn." I say. "Can you get us in?" Taylor asks. "Sure." I say. "That's wicked. When do we have to be there?" He asks. "I have to be there by 4. It starts at 6." I say. "So we can just hang out until then. We can get there at 4 with you as well." Matt says. I nod. "How'd you get here?" Dasha asks. "Train. I love it." I say. "So, for your part you are playing the new Inmate from Virginia. Super nosy, messy, and you are in there for stealing, and later doing drugs." Matt says. "Okay, that's not too bad. I can do it." I say. "A full episode of shooting is 6 to 10 days." Taylor says. "Fine by me." I say. "Okay great, anything abnormal you want to tell us?" Dasha responds. "No, I'm just an avid gamer." I say. "So is Matt. I think you are fine." Taylor chuckles. I nod and smile. "Do you want to head over to Brooklyn now? We can meet some of your friends and hang out over there." Dasha asks. I shrug. "It's up to you guys." I say. Matt nods and we walk just one block and Taylor and Dasha are complaining as Matt and I are walking like super slow to stay with them. We get our tickets and head to the station. We missed if of course because of Taylor and Dasha. I wasn't too upset. Matt and I sat on a bench while Taylor and Dasha were sitting on a window sill. I checked my time and saw the train coming. We waited till it stopped and hopped on. We sat down and we noticed a young girl maybe 13 or so looking at her phone then back at us. She smiles at me and continues with her day. when we get off the train we took a little walk to my car. I hopped in and put the keys in. Dasha sat in the front and Matt and Taylor sat in the second row. "Why a mini van?" Matt asks. "I have 3 other people riding in here plus a bunch of junk." I respond. "Like this shoe?" Taylor asks. "Yes." I respond embarrassed. We drive to the hotel in an hour. Now only being 3. I park the car and we go in the hotel on the elevator. "Anything we should be warned about?" Matt asks. "Um, they are filming a reality show." I say. "What is it?" Taylor asks. "Total Divas." I say. They nod and we go to my floor. I walk out and go to my room with them. Nothing strange or embarrassing. "Hey, Roman?" I hear Seth yell. "AJ." I respond walking over motioning for them to come. I sit on the couch with them. "This is Seth." I say. Seth waves. "Hey." He says. They introduce themselves. "You guys coming to the show tonight?" He asks. "Yeah. No doubt." Matt says.
A few awkward hours later.
We get to the arena and there is a giant crowd. Like giant. We had to duck and cover and enter. We walked in and I showed them their seats and saw Dean and Roman talking with a girl for an interview. Roman calls me over and asks "Will you climb the barricade with her?" "Hmm. No." I say. "Please." Dean says. "Fine." I say. We go on the one side and I see a step stool for us. Good. It's almost the same size as me. I climb up and over. "Hey, y'all use step stools?" Natalya asks with a smirk. "Shut up." Dean and Roman say. I roll my eyes and Seth walks over and asks "You seen your lady lover?" I roll my eyes. "No but I've gotta go." I say. I bring my bag to the back and see I actually face Charlotte. Of course in a lumber Jill match. I get makeup on, and it hurt like hell. They refused to leave it alone. I changed and loved my look. I walked go the list again and saw that they changed my match to later on tonight. Roman walked over and says "Who were your friends?" "They are apart of a Netflix show I'm guest starring on." I say. "Cool." He responds. I nod and have my cupcake and watch the matches. Then it's my match. I go to the curtain and stretch a little. Charlotte, Becky and Paige stand opposite of me. "Hey, uhm babe. Good luck your gonna need it." Paige says. The entire Divas locker room empties out around the ring. I put my title around my waist and Charlotte goes out first. She goes out with Paige and Becky. My music hits and I skip out I go onto the ring apron and wipe my feet then step in. Stephanie walks out and says "This will be a championship match. I hope you are prepared." Then she walks in and I feel a sense of doomed. Charlotte smirks at me as the Bell rings. I lock up with her and put her in a head lock. I shove her out the ring and no one touches her. She hops back in and I go to hit her with a clothes line and she hits me with one. I get up and she hits me again. I get up and push her out the ring again. Again no one touches her. I line her up correctly and go for a suicide dive. Tamina pulls her out the way and hits me in the head. I tumble outside the ring where everyone starts attacking me. Finally someone pushes me into the ring. I get up slowly and feel what I'm fighting for. She goes to spear me but I side step and clothesline her again and again. I kick her in the knee then continuously target that. Something I guess snapped in me. She screams in pain and Paige realizes it too. She gets up on the apron and tries to distract me. I turn to her and kick her in the face. I turn around to Charlotte only to spear me. She covered me and I kicked out at two. She started arguing with the ref while I recovered. I smiled and decided go just put her in the black widow. She tapped immediately and I skipped to the back with my title. We went to commercial and I was hanging out with Roman and adding to my book. I added about my teen years. What kept me to have my eyes on the prize. What I did, how I did it. Roman told me he had to leave because he had a match with Dean, and Seth. I let him go and I watched in the divas locker room. Roman, Seth and Dean walk out and so do the tag team Champions. Wade Barret and Cesaro. Seth and Dean are in it. Seth in the ring with so much pride. I decide to write my book along with watch the match, honestly it was uneventful. After its over Roman hugs a little fan, that's when I realize it's his daughter. He gives her a giant hug and kisses her on the head. He walks backstage and Matt texts me saying M-Hey got any more shows around here? It was awesome.
A-We have live events, that aren't televised all around New York. It isn't as interesting as Mondays and Tuesdays. Next Monday its in Providence.
M-Cool, we will be there.
A-Okay thanks
I go to the trainer and see Dean in there. "It's just a few broken ribs. Your fine." He says.