Knock. Knock.

A/n: I hate these.. Okay So I made a boo. I'm currently between devices from my phone and laptop because I seemed to get more types quicker on my laptop.

I updated Entwined fire this morning, the first chapter only had half so I had to resync it with my works to get it full. So to those reading.. Have a little look again just to make sure you got it all.

Thank you for all the votes and comments!

--------------------------------

Thursday morning...

I had successfully dropped off the radar.

Well that was a complete lie, I was in hiding.. The only time I left the house was to go to work, with the antique store I worked out the back and told Stephen and the rest of the staff to say that I wasn't here. For Joeys? I did exactly the same, worked in the pump room and stock room as well as clean where I could without being seen too much or if at all.

Why?

Well the cheek where it was, was swollen itself so I looked half chipmunky. Also it was red and angry looking not to mention sore.

I was paranoid, paranoid that people were staring at it. Staring at me and wondering how I got it on my face. I didn't like anyone talking about me so I decided to keep on the down low until it healed some more.

I was off on holiday now, for a week thanks to Aaron and that other idiot. So now I had all the time in the world to stay at home and hide out watching complete trash on TV.

The door knocked making me freeze as I was half way to the kitchen. Not that anyone could see me behind a wooden door but I had nothing at hand. The knock came again and with the TV on I had to answer.

I let out a growl and removed the chair but kept the chain on. I opened it to find a UPS man holding a parcel.

"Morning." He smiled.

"Oh. Just a second." I replied closing the door and taking the chain off.

I signed his little pad and took the parcel from him before closing the door. I'd just placed it down when I heard another knock. Making sure the chain was on I opened it again to find my landlord with the insurance company.

"Better late then never right?" He asked making me nod and step out the way so that they could check the damage on the door frame and take my statement to process the claim.

As I was speaking the door went again making me look at my landlord who got up an grabbed it.

Aaron.... Shit.

"Ri?" He frowned looking between us all.

"Hi." I replied sheepishly.

"Well that's all we need Maria. Thank you for your co-operation hopefully the claim won't take long to process as we have all the information we need, you did the right thing in reporting it straight away." The insurer smiled as he collected his things and headed out with my landlord.

I was left with a very confused Aaron who waited for me to say something. I folded my arms instead.

"Fine, I'll start. Where the hell have you been?" He asked.

"Around. I haven't wanted to speak or see may people so I've kept low."

"Why?"

"The large cut on my face may have something to do with it!" I snapped and then bit my tongue hard.

Do not take it out on him.

"Who were they?" He asked pointing to the door.

"People."