Big voice in a little body

The next day...

I rolled over as pushed my hand out across the bed expecting to find Zak..

I found no Zak.

Groaning I sat up looking around his room. I face planted the pillow and suffocated myself until I lifted my head up gasping for air, I let out a laugh at my own stupidity and hit the shower.

Today I was going out with Tilly. I hadn't seen her since I handed my notice into Joey's. I was excited, today we were dress shopping for the leaving party tonight.

I know! I left it until last minute but I had hoped Zak would have came with me to chose one but he kindly told me he would rather boil his eyes than have to sit there like some puppet giving pointless comments when I would find the one I wanted but still try on dresses...

Such a happy soul!

So it lead to the emergency phone call to Tilly who almost screamed at me down the phone.

I just gave her a nervous laugh and now I had shopping to do.

I got out and changed, throwing my hair up into a messy bun.

"Looking good Ri!" I spoke.

"Why thanks babe!" I replied to myself.

For once my messy bun looked good, instead of a sweaty Miss Trunchball from Matilda.

Swiping up my phone and bag I headed out Zak's room and went to find him. I still referred it to his room but it was ours really.

I went to the kitchen and danced across the floor hearing the music. I knew the song, Christina Aguilera - Candy man.

I sang along happily whilst boiling the kettle and looking for food in the fridge.

****************

Zak POV---

I watched Maria dancing her way in the kitchen, not noticing Aaron, Billy and myself sat at the table. I held up my finger making Aaron and Billy stop and watch her.

I smiled seeing her wiggle her butt and weave her body. But what I was really interested was the voice.. She had never sang and now I could hear her.

"He really had me working up an appetite!
He had tattoos up and down his arm
There's nothing more dangerous than a boy with charm
He's a one stop shop, makes the panties drop
He's a sweet-talkin', sugar coated candy man
A sweet-talkin', sugar coated candyman!"

She let out a laugh and carried on. Maria danced with her whole body making me marvel at her. Aaron pulled out his phone and began filming her, she was in her own world dancing away.

He's a one stop, got me hot, making my uh pop
Sweet sugar candy man [whispered]
He's a one stop, get it while it's hot, baby don't stop
Sweet sugar [whispered]

He got those lips like sugar cane
Good things come for boys who wait

He's a one stop shop with a real big uh
He's a sweet-talkin', sugar coated candyman.

Maria hit the high note in the song and held it perfectly making Billy turn to see if it was actually leaving her lips as she finished up she spun with a piece of Nutella toast and froze.

The kitchen was silent enough to hear her squeak as she covered her mouth going red.

I leant back and stopped the music looking at her crimson face.

"Where? Did that come from?" I asked.

"I- hehe." She laughed nervously.

"Bro she's a hell of a singer. Whitney reincarnated when she sings her songs.. Spine chills." Aaron answered making Maria shoot him a glare.

"This is the first time I've seen her sing." I replied.

"And last! I uh.. Hey Bill." She laughed.

"Hey."

"Well sorry for the ear bleeds, I uh.. I have to go." She answered grabbing her things and heading for the door.

****************

Shit shit shit shit shit! Just get out of there quickly! Grab your shit and run girl!

"Hey? You forgetting something?" I asked making her pause.

"No?"

"Really?" Zak asked.

God just tell me and let me go quickly! A kiss?! A kiss!

I skipped across to him and leant down but was pulled onto his lap. He came towards my mouth for a kiss but swerved biting a huge piece of my Nutella toast.

Reflexes kicked in and I slapped him on the forehead stunning him slightly.

"Owh?!"

"That didn't hurt.. You baby. That's my Nutella." I gave him a kiss and got off his lap. Heading out the kitchen he spoke again.

"Maria?!"

"Yes Zachery."

"You look beautiful today."

I paused and looked at my toast.. Sighing I went back and kissed him again and then shoved my toast in his mouth.

I raced out and met Tilly who had just pulled up.

Talk about timing!

********************
Zak POV--

"Are you sure?" Aaron asked once I heard the front door close.

I sighed "Yeah bro. I've thought about it all night."

"Okay... And she has no idea?" Billy asked

"None." I replied.

The front door opened causing Gracie to bark, Maria made an appearance looking around and saw her target.

"Forgot my phone! Remember to be ready by 6!"

Shit..

"Maria?"

"I got to go!"

"We can't come tonight!" I said making her stop.

"What?"

"We can't come to the party.. Tonight. I'm really sorry."

"W-why?" She asked as her brows knitted together.

"The channel have shortened the deadline for this episode, if we don't get it done today they are gonna pull the show for a week."

"T-they can't do that?!" She exclaimed.

"Which is why we need to work solid."

She chewed her lip and sighed, disappointment filled her face and voice.

"Okay.. Well. I hope all your hard work is worth it. Do you want me to come home tonight? Or shall I stay at Ti-"

"Home.. I want to wake up next to you."

She sighed and nodded before leaving the kitchen a little deflated. I waited until the door was closed.

"I hope it's worth it. Her face bro.." Aaron replied shaking his head and left the kitchen to go back to reviewing evidence.