Warning?

I got off the floor slowly holding myself I staggered out the back wincing.

"Ria?! Holy shit!" Joey shouted running to me, he caught me just as I rolled my ankle.

"I- I'm okay." I groaned as he sat me on the couch.

"LISTEN I KNOW SHES HERE SO DONT TELL ME YOU DONT KN-"

I looked across to see the jet black hair spiked.

"Maria?" Zak spoke coming over.

"Leave me alone." I mumbled.

"What the fuck happened?!" He raised his voice but it was too loud for me to even answer.

"She just fell through the door! I- Ria? Who did this?" He asked.

"I-I don't know who he was."

"I'm ringing the cops." Joey said moving away. Zak's eyes fell on my pants and his face drained.

"Maria what did he do to you?" Zak asked sitting in Joey's place.

"No!" I shouted and coughed. As I wiped my mouth I noticed my hand was red.

Blood? From what?

"No cops. I'm okay. I- there's no point. I wasn't assaulted like that. Just.. He hit me in the tummy."

"Your stomach? Then sweetie why is your face covered in blood? Maria did he punch you in the face?" Zak asked.

"No, I fell. I think." There was a constant thudding in my head making it impossible for me to even think straight right now.

"Got her." Joey said making Zak shoot across and stand by him at the CCTV monitor.

I watched their two backs, similar in height but completely different size.

"Got him." Joey disappeared instantly and Zak went to follow.

"Zak no!"

He paused and looked at me then out the door.

"H-help me. Please?" I asked.

I didn't want him good out there and throwing a punch or even receiving one on my accounts I didn't want him getting into trouble.

I watched Zak take a step towards me when he stopped. A torn expression filled his face.

"I- I can't. Not after seeing that. I'm angry for you and I don't want to be like this near you. Stay here for me." He said before disappearing.

Leaving me in the room alone I got up and moved to the CCTV computer. Rewinding it, I found myself as watched what happened.

Not only did the little rat kick me it also seemed he punched me in the face.

If they told me I wouldn't have believed it simply because I didn't feel it but the proof was there.

I wanted to go home..

Feeling my chin wobbling I grabbed my things and left out the backdoor.

The cold air made me gasp and look around. The vision was blurred in one of my eyes no doubt from having a fist in it.

Pulling my coat around me I headed in the direction of the hotel keeping my head down and away from everyone.

*********

I made it into my hotel room avoiding any of the staffs eyes I closed the door and locked it. Heading to the bathroom I put on the shower and got in it I looked down to see the tainted water going down the plug hole.

Maybe this was my warning.

My warning that I needed to stop and start looking after myself properly. I wasn't some carefree woman. I had problems and I needed to deal with them. I went out because I was trying to forget about what may happen in the future if it comes back positive. I went out because I was angry at Zak and at Aaron for setting me up like that..

But it all seemed meaningless now I had a taste of what could of happened tonight at Joey's. Cleaning myself I stepped out and got wrapped up in a towel.

"One... Two... Three." I looked up and let out a cry seeing one side of my face bruised and swollen. Coming to terms with it I left and changed into my pjs and pulled on a pair of fluffy socks. I left my room to grab ice from the machine opposite my room before going back in, slapping a do not disturb on the door and locking myself down again.

Putting the ice into the towel I held it against my face and climbed into bed.

I gave myself permission to have a cry and ended up crying myself to sleep.