Keep the good times coming!

I woke the next morning feeling stiff as a board, I slipped off the couch and decided to get some stretches in to kick start my day.

It was still early and know if Aaron was an afternoon birdy I decided to head out.

After getting myself ready I left a note on his fridge and headed out. My phone rang making me pull it from my bag.

'Hello?'

'Ria? It's David. From Adams Auto. Just letting you know your car is ready.'

I looked up at the sky and mouthed 'thank you'

'Brilliant. I'll be over as soon as I can. Thank you!'

I hung up and decided Zak had, had enough sleep. I rung him constantly until he grunted down the phone.

'Pick me up please!'

'Maria. It's not even 9am.'

'I thought you had things to do this morning?'

'I have.' He groaned.

'Great consider it a courtesy call. Get up cause I need you to take me to the garage. My car is fixed.'

I heard him sigh. 'On my way.'

I grinned and hung up. Walking to the end of Aaron's street and out of house view I waited for Zak. 30 minutes later his Mercedes came around the corner, he pulled up and leant across opening the door.

I slid in and looked at him "Good morning!" I cheered making him shake his head.

"Damn. You're so loud."

"Oh hush.. Can you take me to Adams Auto please?" I gave my best smile.

"I preferred it when we didn't speak." He grunted.

I poked my tongue out and put my belt on remaining quiet for the rest of the journey. It didn't take long before the garage came into view and Zak pulled into it.

"Thank you." I smiled getting out.

"So I'll see you later?" Zak asked.

I leant back into the car looking at him "Do you always plan having sex? Where the spontaneity?"

He just looked at me. "God you're getting old and boring." I sighed closing the door and heading into the work shop.

I found my mechanic and after a discussion on what he's done to my little car as well as replacing the wheels that the A-hole decided to slit.. That he'd also gave me a full car service.

I thanked him immensely but I internally groaned at how much this was going to cost.

Heading up to the office I waited at the receptionist fished out my paperwork and handed it over. I frowned seeing 'PAID' stamped across it.

"W- I haven't paid this?" I frowned.

"No, your friend did. Said he owed you." She answered and walked away.

Zak.

I pulled out my phone to find a message from him.

- I resent the comment of me being old. Z.

- I'm paying you back. Every penny. M.

- I don't want your money. Anything you do give me.. I'll burn in front of you. Today. Z .

I put my phone away, I was not being a booty call. Despite the little endorphins bouncing around wanting the big rush and release. I had to start telling myself no on things. This was definitely one of them.

I headed to Joey's knowing the cleaners would be in by now.

Sure enough as I pulled up Joey was unloading a delivery, upon seeing me he stopped and before I could lock my car I was engulfed in a hug.

"Thank god you went for a run." He sighed releasing me.

"Hmm talk about timing huh?"

"Definitely. Coming in?" He asked.

"After you."

We headed in and went into the office, I took a seat and spun around on it before coming to an abrupt stop at the sight of a jar with my name on.

"What the?"

"Oh. Yeah, okay so I haven't told anyone and well you've never actually noticed. But I keep individual tip jars. So you get your tips from customers and any profit I make I split into half, put the rest back into the business and put the other half into the tip jars. I do
One a week. This week was your week." He smiled.

"J-Joey I can't take that?! There's at least $300 in there?!"

"$469 actually. You will take it and I say it's come at a good time." He answered giving me a smile.

I looked at his smile and burst into tears on him.

"Woah, hey I didn't think this was the response I would get." He spoke rubbing my back.

"This is too much. I mean I'm sleeping on Aaron's couch. Zak paid for my ca and now this? I know I need things but I can't accept all this!"

"Zak paid for your car?" Joey answered.

In all that, he heard what Zak did.

"He slashed my tyres after I- I did something to him and he retaliated but he paid for a service as well." I explained.

"Oh Ria. You silly thing, people help each other, that's what they do when there's a crisis. Just accept help and that money. I'll be offended if you didn't."

"Emotional blackmailing." I sniffled.

"So sue me." He chuckled.

After my emotional storm I settled and went through the rota with him. I noticed I had two nights off a week.

"It's come to my attention. Well.. I've known it a while actually but it wasn't until you went on holiday that I realised how much you are here. So what I want to do, is give you two nights off a week. I know, you're going to say about the money and timing. But I think right now you need to focus on yourself and getting yourself on your feet again." Joey explained.

"Have I ever told you, you're the best boss in the world?"

"It's been said, by a few intoxicated employees as I've poured them another drink." He chuckled.

After a few hours I left Joey's and went to the mall. I needed clothes, underwear, shoes, toiletries... I needed everything!!