I'm in too deep.

[an: does anyone find my stories too long? Or am I worrying over nothing?]

I prodded my ribs gently and winced at the sharp pain. Sighing I pulled my top down and fixed the last of my make up on my face. I had managed to cover most of the bruising. 

I could pass...I think.

Leaving the bathroom I picked up my purse and smiled when Zak unfolded himself from the chair. I don't think I'll ever get used to his height, I looked up to him and got a kiss on my forehead.

"You didn't have to cover them." He spoke leading me out.

"I don't like seeing them every time
I pass something remotely reflective. It's okay to tell me they bother you, you know."

"They do. But not for the reason you think." He answered his hand went around my back pulling me closer into him I hissed and winced.

"Maria.. How bad is your stomach?"

"It's fine. Car out the front yeah?" I asked trying to push the subject away quickly.

"No, show me." He stopped.

"Not here." I answered looking around.

"Where?"

"Zak.. Just. Please I don't want this to be the main conversation topic today. It's happened. Let's move on." I answered walking out the hotel.

I found his car and went over standing by the passenger door. Zak came my side, I was about to have a go thinking he was going to pull my top up to see my ribs, when he opened my door.

I blinked and looked at him.

"T-thank you." I answered getting in and looking at him as he rounded the car getting in his side.

Okay gentleman.

He looked at me and smiled before starting the car up, his radio kicked in and the song he had playing made me lift my brow.

Nine inch nails - closer.

The first lines I heard?

'I wanna fuck you like an animal. I wanna feel you from the inside.'

I looked at Zak with a raised eyebrow, he laughed softly and turned it over onto a radio station.

"That song was uh.. Interesting." I spoke making him nod.

"It's a good song."

"Hmm." I narrowed my eyes making him laugh.

I took his hat off and pulled it onto my head before looking back at him. I went all funny looking at his hat hair.

"What's up with you?" He asked as I smiled like an idiot.

"Your hair. God you're cute." I spoke and clamped my mouth shut.

Shit.

"Oh! I'm cute! Well this is a new development! When did this start?!" He teased.

"Only now but you're killing it already." I laughed it off quickly.

I ruffled his head and placed my hand on his leg as he drove.

"When do you get the results?" Zak asked making me roll my head in his direction.

"I just want to be there for you.. Don't try and shoot me down so much."

"2 days.. I get them in 2 days."

He nodded "I'm coming with you."

"There no nee-"

"I'm coming to the doctors with you. End of story." He interrupted.