Damn it Zak, you're an idiot

I woke up to find the white voiles blowing into the room. It appeared English weather hasn't let us down by turning and a light shower was now upon us.

I smiled smelling the fresh dirt, hearing Zak breathing I looked up to find him asleep. I placed my head back down and rubbed his chest.

He stirred from my movement and rubbed my back before tightening his grip around me holding me against him.

"England." He groggily whispered making me look up.

"Hey."

"Hmm.." He tensed up his body and relaxed again.

"God I love it here." Zak sighed playing with my hair.

"This will be in for the day now." I replied.

"Good because it means we can do this all day. Dracula weather." He smiled.

I looked out into the garden and focused on one particular leaf that was being battered by the constant droplets of water from the overfilled bird bath.

I wanted to stay here forever, in England and in Zak's arms but I couldn't have both. I had to chose and I'd always pick him.

Then I thought of the lady at the fruit farm. She had it all, her husband, home and business, but when her husband passed it seemed unbearable.. He made her life.

My fists bunched up in Zak's clothes and I felt a little emotional at the idea of losing him.

"Hey? What's up?"

I pushed my face into his chest "Don't go anywhere.." I mumbled.

"I won't. But tell me what's up?"

"The fruit lady lost her world.. It's sad."

"It happens every day." He whispered.

"I know. It just reminded me of my parents." I answered honestly.

"Hey, no. Your mom is doing great you heard what your dad said."

"I know. But.."

"No sweet you're upsetting yourself. Don't." He answered.

I sighed and hid my face in him until I got myself together again.

"Besides your mom is probably having a real good time getting pampered whilst your dad reads his paper." Zak spoke making me smile.

"You think we'll ever be like that?" I asked.

"What growing old?"

I nodded "Growing old together?"

"I'd like to think we were already doing it. I don't fly alone for 5000 miles for anyone but I did, I did for you." He answered bopping my nose with his finger.

"I had a little dream before I fell asleep of us.. Doing that, with Gracie in the garden chasing butterflies."

Zak laughed softly "She's a curious little thing."

It was perfect, I just hoped that it wasn't too perfect for someone like me.

Zak's finger found the scar on my cheek as he traced it carefully. I pulled his hand away and sat up looking at him. I swerved his hand when he tried again.

"Maria?"

"Are you with me through guilt?" I asked making his eyebrows dip hard.

"Why the hell would you ask that?" He snapped.

"You didn't answer."

"Because I need to know where and why that's just came out?!" He asked sitting up.