Room for one more?

I tossed the small suitcase of clothes by the front door, ready for tomorrow before I sat down and pulled open my parcel.

It took less than 5 minutes before I started to cry.

My mum had cram packed a box full of little nicknacks, from sweets to photos, to toiletries to sweets, clothes and even one of my childhood toys.

It was a small stuffed rabbit, no bigger than the palm of your hand. I used to think it brought me good luck and insisted on carrying it with me wherever I went as a child.

I pulled out a letter from my mum and dad who I skyped every week but still felt it was important to write a letter telling me how much they loved me. We had all moved over here as a family, but as they went back, I stayed. Which is how I became friends with Aaron, secured two jobs and live in my little apartment.

Sure I didn't have a lot but I worked for what was mine and in a way I was proud of how far I've came.

From what I could tell from Aaron, it was a boys holiday, myself and Ash being the exception.

My snivelling was bought to a holt when I heard a knock at the door. Pushing things back into the box I picked up the bat and walked over opening the door with the chain on.

It was stupid really, who would knock then break in to steal?

Probably a lot of people Ria to make sure nobody was home.. Idiot.

I opened it to find Tilly stood there with red eyes and ruined make up..

Oh dear.

I closed the door and pulled her in instantly giving her a hug as she broke down crying on my shoulder.

"Hey.. Hey hey what's wrong?" I asked rubbing her back.

"H-h-he left me!" She cried.

Her boyfriend, according to a few people he was a complete asshole but Tilly loved the bones of him and once you're in love I guess you accept everyone's faults.

"Oh babe." I replied.

I spent my evening talking to her, with a glass of wine and a take out. A lot of the time that's all what people needed, was to be listened to.

"W-what happened to your face?" She asked.

"Accident." I replied, it struck me that I answered it so quickly...

It was like a realisation that Zak never intended for it to cut my face. But in blind rage he threw it. I had goaded him to the point he just, well exploded.

"Ri?"

"Sorry. I just reminded myself about something. Go on." I smiled.

"What happened?" She asked tilting her head.

"Glass bottle smashed, as it sprayed out it caught me."

"Someone threw it at you?" She asked.

"No, no. In my direction but not at me.."

At least I didn't think it was at me because if it was.... That was a pretty lame shot.

"Work?"

"No home, well Aaron's lock up."

"Aaron did that?!"

"Wha- no. No.. It was uh.. It was Zak. You know how we get sometimes."

"Hmm.. I think that's pent up sexual aggression on both of your parts." She replied taking some wine straight after.

"Excuse me?" I laughed.

"Oh come off it Ri? He's hot. Single, loaded."

"I wouldn't go for someone just because they have money. Besides, he's also arrogant, rude, sel-"

"Sexy, confident, strong, muscular."

"Eg-"

"Gorgeous, with a jaw line to die for!" She finished as I gave up and laughed instead.

"Really?" I laughed.

"Come on. You must find him slightly attractive?" She asked.

"Nope.. Not at all. What's the point of going for someone with looks when their personality is shit? You wouldn't last 5 minutes."

"Don't I know it?!" She sighed.

"So what you gonna do? All your things are at hi-"

"Motel."

I felt rotten for her then.. "Stay with me."

She laughed and poured herself more wine "I think you've had enough."

"I'm serious."

"So am I.. We're on what? The second bottle?"

"Third." I corrected and giggled.

"Oh and you don't drink.. God I'm a well seasoned alcoholic."

"I don't know how I've lasted this long! But no.. I'm serious. I'm going outta town for a few days. This place is empty. I've got the room. Uh sofa bed! I'll take it and you have my bed?"

"No. No." She waved.

"Yes yes yes yes!"

Tilly rolled her eyes. I had won and gave a woo! Making her laugh.

"Okay seriously no more wine." She answered putting the rest of the bottle away.

"Hmm!" I replied sipping my drink.

"That means a new home party right?" I asked turning on the TV and finding a music channel.

"Sing for me Tilz! Sing for momma!!" I called as I will survive came on.