Lady in Red.

I took in his crisp pressed black shirt and brushed his shoulders off before placing my hands on them. His cologne lingered under my nose pulling me into him more. It was hypnotic to smell.

"I have a confession.." Zak spoke making me pull back away from him.

"Go on."

"I lied, the show haven't put a deadline in place."

I blinked before I felt anger bubbling up. "I'm sorry, my hearing is funny, you just said you lied to me."

"I- I did.. And I'm sorry but I had some important things to do."

I glared at him "Are you serious?" I asked pushing him.

"Oh come on Ri, I'm being honest with you."

"Don't you Ri me. What was so important then? That you couldn't be with me? I know you're here now. But I-"

"Can't you just be happy that I'm here now?" He asked. "This is our song.. Please it will all make sense soon. Just know that I have been with Aaron all day."

I found Aaron in the ground with a big grin. I smiled at him and looked at Zak. "Smile then." He whispered in my ear.

"You're still a prat and I'll be having those wooden spoons later." I answered.

"I'm looking forward to it." He laughed softly making me giggle. "Sorry for lying."

I looked at him as he pulled a small smile "You're still a prat" I answered.

"I accept. Ready? I picked it because of you." He smiled as the song changed.

He took my hand and pulled me in close to him placing his other hand on the lower part of my back.

I couldn't hold back my smile when I heard the song. He had picked one of my favourite songs Chris De Brugh - Lady in Red.

And I was wearing red!

He chuckled resting his head against the side of mine.

"I take it I'm forgiven with that smile."

"You smooth bastard." I whispered in his ear making him laugh quietly.

"I think it says everything.. Plus you are wearing red so that's double points right for being a smooth bastard as you put it."

"Shh.." I giggled listening.

'I've never seen you looking so lovely as you did tonight,
I've never seen you shine so bright,
I've never seen so many men ask you if you wanted to dance,
They're looking for a little romance, given half a chance,
And I have never seen that dress you're wearing,
Or the highlights in your hair that catch your eyes,
I have been blind;

I pulled back looking at him. He got quadruple points for pulling this off. It made my heart ache. I wanted to kiss him and never stop.

The lady in red is dancing with me, cheek to cheek,
There's nobody here, it's just you and me,
It's where I want to be,
But I hardly know this beauty by my side,
I'll never forget the way you look tonight;

I rested my head against his as we carried on dancing slowly. I didn't care where we were or who was here. It felt like it was just us. He occasionally planted a kiss on my forehead before carrying on.

I've never seen you looking so gorgeous as you did tonight,
I've never seen you shine so bright, you were amazing,
I've never seen so many people want to be there by your side,'

My heart fluttered when he started singing quietly in my ear. Sending a shiver down me and goosebumps down my arms. His hand was stroking my bare back so he without doubt felt the shudder.

"And when you turned to me and smiled, it took my breath away,
And I have never had such a feeling,
Such a feeling of complete and utter love, as I do tonight;

The lady in red is dancing with me, cheek to cheek,
There's nobody here, it's just you and me,
It's where I want to be,
But I hardly know this beauty by my side,
I'll never forget the way you look tonight;"

He went quiet on me, probably sensing my emotions. I may have been a little emotional..

Okay I was emotional because I loved this song and when he sung it, it just seemed that he meant every single word.

'I never will forget the way you look tonight...
The lady in red, the lady in red,
The lady in red, my lady in red,'

I didn't want the song to end.. I didn't want to let him go!

"I love you..." He whispered into my ear, my eyes fell shut, my breath hitched in my throat and my butterflies beat hard. Even now I still had them, he still brought them when he came into the room.

I looked up at him, I should be annoyed or angry that he had lied to me like that but I couldn't be. Not when I felt like complete and utter goo inside because he had done this.

"Did you plan this?"

"Uh.." He went red cheeked. "Promise not to tease if I said yes."

"You did?" I asked making him nod. I grabbed his face in my hands and pulled him into me kissing him hard.

"I love you Zachery."