Help & apologies

Zak POV--

I came down the stairs and whistled for Gracie but was still stood by myself. Normally after a single whistle she came to me.

"Gray?!" I called out. Aaron came out the kitchen with a sandwich in his hand.

"Ri took her for a walk." He answered chewing his food at the same time.

"Oh. Did she?"

"Yeah. About 2 hours ago. Think they went into the woods." He shrugged.

Oh, well that was nice of her, perhaps she missed Logan more than anyone knew. Plus finding her with Gracie this morning cuddled up pulled at a little heart string of my own.

"Hey we're gonna head out fishing with this moody weather apparently it's good for the fish. You coming?" Aaron asked.

"Nah you all go on ahead, make a day of it. I got some work here. I'll get the wood for fire pit as well whilst you're gone for tonight." I answered.

"Really?" Aaron frowned suspiciously.

"Yeah, why what's up with you?" I asked amused.

"Just your helpfulness.. I don't think I can cope with it." He laughed.

"Get on. All of you." I kicked them out and watched Ash, Jay, Billy, Diana, Bacon and Aaron get seated on the boat.

There wasn't enough room even if myself and Maria wanted to go. As they left I was stood in the kitchen left to my own devices.

I decided to make some lunch for Maria for when she came back, as a thank you. I also kinda hoped that I could work in my apology..

I was still determined to say it, I mean if that scars her face for life she'll never forgive me. We're speaking now but it's hard for her, I can see that much and last night was only alcohol influenced with a hint of sadness and problems.

Maybe she'd open up a little over lunch?

2 hours soon turned to 4 and my stomach had an uneasy feeling. I knew it weren't from dinner last night.

Leaving a note I grabbed my coat and headed off into the woods just in case.. You should never go in alone on unfamiliar ground but they had a trail pegged and markered out. So hopefully finding them and getting out won't be to hard.

I called for Gracie and Maria but got no answer from either, normally Gracie would have barked at the very least.

A solid hour of walking I looked around. I called out again and heard a groan. My eyes began searching frantically coming away from the trail.

"MARIAA!!" I yelled.

"D-down here!" She called back. Following her voice I found her in a ditch, her clothes covered in mud with a cut on her head.

"Shit!" I got down carefully and went to her side checking on her.

"S-she wouldn't come back. Did you get her?" Maria asked looking up at me as I checked her forehead. She had a small cut but it wasn't anything drastic.

"What?" I asked.

"Gracie. You whistled for her. Did you get her?" She asked holding her head.

"No, I didn't.. Did you pass out?"

"I.. Maybe I don't know. Move."

I got a little push and she got up looking around. I watched as she got herself up out the ditch and began walking.

"W-where the hell are you going?" I asked following her.

"To get Gracie. She's ran off. Didn't you whistle for her?" She asked.