One apology.

Zak POV---

We had been knocking on Maria's door for over 5 minutes before someone answered. A woman with blonde hair and green eyes smiled at myself and Aaron.

"Hey Tilly, what you doing here so early?" Aaron asked following her in.

"I live here now. Ria asked me to move in after I split with.. You know I don't wanna say his name." She answered waving her hand over her face.

"Oh.. Ria ready?" Aaron asked making Tilly giggle.

"She's a little worse for wear.. We got the drinks flowing last night. Someone isn't coping well." She answered.

"She's drinking? Since when? She never drinks." Aaron answered.

"Noo.. My spidey senses aren't tingling!"

I looked around for the voice found Maria curled into the couch.

"Ria?! Come on!" Aaron called walking over and pulling her up.

"She's not even dressed." Aaron said looking at Tilly who gave an innocent smile.

"W-where's her pants?" Aaron asked making Tilly shrug. Already I could see she was a bad influence on her, not that Maria needed much encouragement.

"Aaron? Oh Aaron's here! Here he is. Such a lovely man." She giggled.

"Okay. Time you got into the shower, Miss Vino."

"Ohh.. No. This sucks." She moaned. Aaron pulled her up and into him as he walked her to the shower with a photo stuck on her face.

I waited for Aaron who came back shaking his head and began to sort things out.

"So... What are you boys planning to go whilst away?" Tilly asked.

"Enjoy our holiday I hope." Aaron replied.

I nodded in agreement and looked out the window to see bacon and Gracie on the green opposite her house.

I picked up Maria's bag that weighed a ton and took it to the RV, letting her get ready in peace.

30 minutes later Aaron was followed by the brunette bombshell. She had sunglasses over her eyes but had a smile.

My eyes couldn't move from the cut on her face. The cut I put there in a fit of rage, I've never been violent or aggressive to a woman but she pushed all the right buttons until she got a reaction.

Only the mere mention of my gran sent me off the edge.

She stopped at the RV door and looked at me, I thought she was going to speak but instead she gave a little smile and got in.

I didn't have to open the shotgun door to hear her squealing and Gracie's barking in excitement.

Maria and Gracie had met before, but never had time together like they would over the next few days.

I nodded to Bacon who pulled away and headed to California. We planned to make a few stops on the way for Gracie and to get drinks, Aaron apparently needed his fix of coffee and I would be glad to get out and stretch my legs.

On our second stop I noticed Maria hadn't came out the RV. I figured it would be best to apologise to her, face to face now that I had the chance and made my way onto the RV and down the back to find her.

I found her, sleeping vertically along the bed with Gracie curled up beside her. I smiled and moved some hair off her face gently, Maria actually looked peaceful whilst she slept.

I guess I always thought for someone to carry a lot of hate that that she'd look angry even now.

The cut was about an inch long, it didn't sound much but when it was on a cheek and a smaller part of the body it was huge.

I should have never lost control. Never.

It looked sore and was in the healing process, thank god. Every day since it's happened I've expected the police on my doorstep for assault.

I never meant to hurt her but I did and I deserved some punishment. I even prayed to whatever God would have me now that her face didn't scar. A few inches up and I could have blind her in one eye. That's how serious all of this was.

I ran my finger over the wound gently not to wake her up. I sat on the end of the bed and worded my apology.

"Maria?" I whispered waiting for her to stir when she didn't I carried on.

"Maria I want to apologise for my behaviour, for my actions and how I've treated you. I'm sorry I've done that... To your face and if I could take it back I swear I'd do it in a heartbeat. I never intended to hurt or even scare you. I managed both. I'm sorry and I hope one day you'll be able to forgive me. Although I know I don't deserve it." I whispered finishing it up.

I leant down and kissed her cheek carefully I felt her body jolt making me pull away.

"What are you doing?" She whispered frowning at me.

"Just apologising.. Go back to sleep." I whispered before giving Gracie a pet. I left her alone to sleep feeling better that I had handled the situation and apologised.

Now just to make it though the weekend without tearing strips of each other for sport... Now that shouldn't be too difficult. Should it Zak? You just accept any thing that is thrown you way.