You can't run.

A/n: Hola my beautiful people. So these next few chapter have taken a little longer, as I research, learn and then write. I get too involved and I guess in one sense it makes it more readable and I expect most of you are a bit confused.. So I hope these next few chapters ties it up.

Ps! I did the colour run today and I'm exhausted! Love to you all!

-------------------

I woke up on a warm chest with an even heart beat. I had fingertips lightly grazing the top of my arm. The longer I laid there, the more I began to enjoy it and that was dangerous.

Then I remembered what I had said just as I passed out. My eyes widened and before I could pull away fast Zak's hand held me down.

"I don't think so."

Bugger. Bugger. Bugger!

"Maria, what haven't you told me and Aaron?"

I shrugged "I like wearing men's shirts?"

"Hilarious. Now spill."

"I can't.." I mumbled.

"You told me you might have cancer Maria. That's a pretty big fucking thing!" He snapped.

I pulled away looking at his face.  "You're upset."

"Damn right I am! What the hell?! What are we even doing here when you could be seriously ill?!"

I sat up covering myself with the top sheet "Oh wow. That seriously just left your mouth." I turned and began looking for my clothes.

How far can a pair of panties fly?!

"I- no I didn't mean that!"

"There are thousands if not millions of people who are diagnosed. You don't think they deserve to make love, have sex or even fuck?!" I asked astonished.

"That's not what I meant at all!"

"Then what did you mean?!" I shouted back at him.

He got out of bed and confidently stalked away.

Damn those butt cheeks.

I pulled a slight face at the marks I have  left on his back. Fingers crossed he keeps his shirt on for a while.

"Well?!" I asked.

"I just don't think we should be messing around when you're.. When you could be serious ill."

"Cause I'm defected?"

"What? No! Stop putting words into my mouth!" He shouted going into the bathroom.

I found my underwear and pulled them on before finding my clothes.
I was such an idiot to open up like that! I didn't even know why I said! Gritting my teeth I pulled on my jeans.

"W-where are you going?" Zak asked.

"Home. Hotel!" I corrected myself.

"At least stay."

"What for?" I fired back.

"A shower at least?! Christ!" He walked into his wardrobe to find clothes, it was hard to keep my eyes on his eyes when I had a naked body to marvel, so I took his shower instead.

I scrubbed hard at my body turning my skin red with force. I got out and changed to find Zak showered and sat
on the edge of the bed waiting. That's the perk of multi bathrooms.. Show off.

"Can we talk now?" He asked.

I groaned and left the bedroom going into the living area.

"Well? Can we?" Zak asked.

"Sure. If it's not about my health." I muttered pulling on my shoes.

"Maria please?"

I huffed and folded my arms tightly across my chest defensively this wasn't a topic I particularly wanted to speak about.

"What do you want to kno- actually no I'm not telling you anything."

"Wha- why?!"

"Because it's nothing to do with you and I can handle this myself."

"Maria I care for you."

I scoffed shaking my head.

"God you're such a bitch. As soon as anyone gets close you cut them off. You cut them out like- like.."

"Like they are cancer." I finished.

Zak sat down beside me and looked at me carefully. "Don't worry, I'm not going to disappear into thin air."

"Let me in." He urged with his brows knitted together.

"Uh.. What just happened in the bedroom? That not far enough?" I asked.

"You said you might have cancer."

"How's your health?"

"We're talking about you." He answered.

"Still got asthma?"

"Maria."

"So that's a yes. God that must suck."

"Stop it."

"You ever had tonsillitis? That sucks too. I always get a sore throat you know? Normally signs of a cold." I answered.

"Just stop!"

"No!"

"You will because you've only got myself and Aaron! What happens when you get too sick to work?! When you can't pay the bills?!"

"I'll go home."

"The fuck you will! You're not leaving this with me and Aaron then taking off! Hell no!" Zak snapped.

"Well lucky for you, it's only you that knows so keep your mouth shut and hopefully Aaron doesn't have to know." I answered not believing it myself.

"You can't ask me to do that. I won't do that. I'm sorry but I can't." He shook his head and looked away.

"You can and you will!" I snapped.

He turned back to me and looked me dead in the eye "No. I won't lie for you."

"Fine. I don't need you anyway." I grabbed my bag and headed for the door when he caught my wrist in his hand.

"Maria wait!"

"GET OFF ME!" I screamed shoving him back.

"STOP RUNNING FROM THIS! YOU CAN'T!" He bellowed back.

"I CAN AND I WILL!"

"I WON'T LET YOU!" He fired back with his eyes bulging from his head.

"I'M NOT YOUR GIRLFRIEND!" I cried in anger.

"MAYBE YOU SHOULD BE!" He shouted back at me.

Now that answer shocked us both.