Situation vacant

I watched the sunrise slowly seep across the ceiling, I had been awake for hours.. Literally hours.

After coming back from Aaron's house I felt better. We were in good terms again but only if I gave up my job at Joey's.. I admit the bruising was harrowing to see but it wasn't on their body, they didn't have to look. But they chose to. I didn't show it off, I kept them hidden. But the severity of almost being sexually assault was Aaron's final straw. He told me to give it up and Zak? Well he jumped on the band wagon..

Something I soon dealt with when I got hom- to Zak's.

We had arrived home at 12am but didn't go to bed until 3am.. That's after I tore him a new one about ganging up on me with Aaron and his apology.. That came in the form of butterfly kisses, cuddles, countless I'm sorry and the reason why he agreed. But he too, like Aaron was afraid I was going to be seriously hurt one day.

It was no mistake Joey's was a little rough around the gills. There was never a night I wasn't jumping the bar to get in the middle of a fight and sometimes on the rare occasion I've threw the first punch when someone has called me a name I didn't like.

You respect the staff at Joey's.. It's rule number one.

Now at 7am laying beside Zak in bed who was on his front with a hand on my stomach to make sure I hadn't.. I don't know moved country whilst he was asleep.

The mix colour eyes opened meeting mine, his arm went over me and I was pulled towards him.

"Love you." He grumbled before he closed his eyes again.

I frowned, did he just..? He's probably dreaming I'm his weights right?

When has Zak ever slept with his weights?

Hey I'm just giving you a suggestion.. Those biceps came from somewhere.

I'll let you off..

Why thanks.

-----

I woke up in bed alone, the shower was on and music was playing.

The homeowner was up.

I began smiling as he sang in the shower, I actually sat up hearing his voice.

He wasn't a bad singer. I could live with that..

I was too busy looking across his bedroom to notice he had walked in. That was until I was dragged across the bed.

"WAKEY WAKEY!"

"N-NOOO!" I shouted trying to grab the bedding for resistance but I was up and off the bed in his arms.

"Yay!!! Maria is awake!"

"I hate your face right now." I grumbled.

"No you don't! Let's dance!"

His definition of dancing was me in a bear hug being shaken around. I ended up laughing from the stupid face he pulled whilst doing it.

"Don't be grumpy." He said stopping.

"I love me jo-"

"No! Shake shake shake!" He shook me hard making me giggle.

"Let's not argue over work today. But I will only say that I want you safe.. That place is not it."

I went to reply but he bit my lip making me growl.

"Wow I should 'ave 'ought of vis vooner" he laughed.

I rolled my eyes and grunted at him in annoyance. I stayed in his arms as he walked to the bathroom and dropped me onto my feet.

"Shower, cause you stink."