English soil

Stepping on English turf I smiled and looked around. It was noticeably cooler here than Vegas, luckily. Plus it was summer but English summer is nothing compared to Vegas summer.

I gave a yawn and made my way out through the airport after collecting my case. I tried to video call Zak a few times and eventually just sent him a text letting him know I landed safely. I also text Aaron but the response I got was - bring sweets home my nerd! X

Hiring a car I drove to my parents.

It was the simple things I missed about England when I was in Vegas. Like the hedgerows on the side of the roads, fields and field of luscious greens and the odd yellow field filled with rape seed oil ready to turn brown. Trees upon trees lining the fields and roads some cut back and others left to flourish.

I kept the windows down letting the air flow in. I learnt to drive in England so the roads weren't treacherous, but I can't imagine how Zak will handle it. Seeing a petrol station I pulled in and went for one thing..

Maltesers. 3 bags later I returned to the car and popped one pack open and began eating them on the way to my parents. I found time to put two under my upper lip doing an impression of a 'Who' from the Grinch.

I looked in the mirror "Where are you Christmas? Why can't I find you?" I sang like Cindy Lou Who before laughing to myself.

Clearly a comedian! Yes Hi! Hello!

I used my phone to guide me to my parents new home, apparently my dad had gone green. At first I thought my mum meant hulk green with the whole 'You won't like me when I'm angry' but what she really meant was they had decided to go self sufficient.

So my dad had bought a house with a barn, and large garden. I had monthly garden talks with my mum. Obviously I was interested in how big courgettes grew and how long it takes for tomatoes to go red.

Obviously..

I didn't care much at the time but now I was going to be here I wanted to learn. I wanted something to take my mind off things and mainly I wanted to help my mum who would be feeling gutted to see all her hard work go to waste. So if it meant I pushed a mower around a garden until 9pm every night then by heck I'll do it.

*******

I arrived at their home, it was a detached house, built in the 1800's apparently, my dad was a stickler for details. 4 bedroom as well. Why they wanted a big house?

Apparently it was an investment if ever I decided to start a family. Then at least I would have a family home...

Only problem is my home is over 5000 miles away. Well... Zak's home then. I was just boarding there.

"Oh wow." I whispered turning the car off and taking in the house painted white. The window ledges were a grey which worked well with the chrome planter sat under the windows each filled with little flowers and small sprinkles of ivy.

I got out and looked across to see the barn, no doubt my dad would have turned that into his man cave consisting of toys like a lawn mower, bushwhacker, hedge cutter etc.

You know real men toys.

I smiled seeing the axe dug into a block of wood, my dad was a massive fan of open fires, which meant it would need logs.

I'd give a dab hand at that.

"Maria?" My mum spoke making me turn and smile.