Desire/Joey's

Desire....

Originally the bar was called Joey's until Joey himself wanted to change the name, for a bar I found it strangely fitting. But to me it will always be Joey's. Desire. Everyone desired something and if they came to this bar then they most likely desired alcohol or sex.

Not that we sell sex... But alcohol & free will = Sex.

You get my drift.

I walked in to the bar to find the usual suspect patrons lined at one side of the bar. I smiled seeing my favourite, Bud. He was in his late sixties with whiting hair and dark blue eyes, always wore smart pants, a shirt ranging from white to blue and always had a friendly smile.

"Here she is! The love of my life!" He grinned.

Did I forget to mention he is a terrible flirt?

"Hello handsome, what can I do for you today?" I asked swinging behind the bar.

He took in my appearance, the whole Harley Quinn and pig tails. "Ria darling you'll catch a chill on that belly of yours."

I smiled "I'm quiet alright thank you Bud. Another beer?" I asked noticing his empty.

He looked at it, contemplating his next move, with a check of his watch and encouragement from the others he had another pint.

"You eaten today Bud?" I asked placing his beer down.

"Hmm.. I did. You know I went to that place across the road. Pugway? Pigway? That sandwich place, you know."

Subway.. God I love his old fashion ways.

"I do. Enjoy it?"

"I did. I did. Got my belly full before I came to see my lady." He gestured to me making me smile.

"I don't want no trouble from you tonight Bud." Joey called over before grinning.

"Here youngin... You come here." Bud curled his finger to Joey bringing him over.

Joey was about 6 foot, salt pepper shaggy hair with the most gorgeous pair of blue eyes, they were a light blue with almost white in them, like their own personal halos. He was a good build as well. Not too big and not too small, muscular, like a farmer would be from lugging hay bales.

"What can I do you for?" Joey asked.

"This one," Bud gestured to me. "Besides her tummy being on display and catching the death of cold when she leaves.. My beautiful Ria here."

Joey looked at me as I held back a laugh at his opinion on my work attire for this evening.

"If I was you... And I mean no offence boy. But I would get courting this one. Look at her. Beautiful. With that accent as well she's every American mans dream."

"Ah bud." Joey tried to speak but Bud was on a role and I couldn't help but laugh.

"You got her here, working for you boy and you sit around with a finger in your ass?" Bud asked making a few patrons agree with him.

"Give it a rest boys. We're strictly professional in here, leave Joey alone." I answered making sure they all had their drinks topped up.

"I'll be having a chat with all 4 of you soon. I have to run. You alright here Ria?"

"I'm good. Get going. Any trouble and I'll throw these hooligans out." I grinned making them all laugh into their drinks.

With a wink Joey disappeared carrying a stack of paperwork.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

A few hours later and my usual were gone only to be replaced with the nightwalkers, you know the kind.. Stay in bed all day and only venture outside when the sun is down. No not Vampires either.