Scrap it out!

I sat in the office doing the paperwork with Joey sat beside me.

"So someone's broke into your apartment. Stole your laptop, iPod and panties?" Joey asked as I nodded.

"Yep."

"That's a pervert. Straight out a pervert." He answered teaming invoices up from suppliers to the cheque slips.

He'd then pass them to me and I'd put them on system before filing them away.

"Well I've rang the police and alerted them to it, so now I have to wait. I also had to get my lock fixed." I sighed.

"And you were in the bath? The whole time?"

"Yep." I shuddered to think of what could have happened if I came out in a towel.

I looked across to see that my phone was rattling away on the side. Aaron's name flashed across the screen making me flip it over to stop the guilt from ignoring his call rising.

"Had an argument?" Joey asked.

"I was invited to a BBQ. I declined. Plus they meddled and got me a day off. One I can't afford." I replied punching in figures.

"They?"

"Him and Zak." I answered giving Joey the look. He knew my distaste for the man.

"You know... I feel sorry for Aaron." Joey spoke sifting receipts.

"Why?"

"Having to listen to you both tear each other new ones every time you're both together. You know. He probably finds it really had to keep you both happy. I'd hate to have two friends at each other's throat."

I looked at Joey, he was trying to guilt trip me into feeling bad, well it was working.

"Okay enough, I do feel bad. I'm not a complete bitch but it's not just me." I answered.

"But you could make it easier for him..."

"Joey, do you want your invoices done or not?"

"Yes. Please."

"Then drop it." I answered and pulled a smile.

"That was a scary smile in itself." He teased making me swat him.

It took us a while but after the invoices we did a stock check and finally finished with ordering.

It was 2pm when we finished. I had decided to go in early whilst the cleaner was in and get started on the paperwork so the majority of it was done by the time Joey had arrived.

"Right get on. Off to go play nicely with Zak." Joey joked pushing me out the office.

"Yay. Thank you so much." I answered in monotone.

"Such happiness and joy in that voice." He laughed.

"I'll see you later Joey."

"See you later." I sang leaving work.

I returned home first to change, it was hot out today can considering yesterday it was raining.

I changed into a red Ramones top with matching vans and a pair of denim shorts. It was time to start developing that tan.

 It was time to start developing that tan