I'm being set up.

I put Zak to the back on my mind and solely focused on helping my parents out. Which wasn't that hard as there was always something to do, my mum was sick and my dad deserved a break so me being here gave them to the opportunity to relax a little and leave me to do it.

It was anything from cleaning the bathrooms to weeding the garden. Whatever my mum wanted, I was there to help.

The week soon flew by and the more time I spent here the more I felt like I was well and truly home. I was back with my mum and dad who were overjoyed at how things were progressing around the house with an extra pair of hands.

---------------------------------

"Maria!" My mum called up the garden,  I had only just heard her voice as I pushed the mower up and down the garden, secretly taking my frustration out on the grass. Frustration that the Vegas jerk off gave me.

I stopped and looked at her before heading down the path towards the house.

"Sweetpea it's time you were getting ready for dinner."

"Oh mum I'm not hungry." I waved my hand but she caught my wrist and pulled me inside.

"You haven't eaten all day and I'm no fool Maria. That man hasn't rang or text you for a whole week. So I've taken matters into my own hands."

"What? What have you done?"

"Now, go wash your hands and get changed."

"Changed? Why?" I asked.

"Because Mr and Mrs Lewis are coming over. You know their son Edward."

"The sweaty hand creep?"

"Maria!" She hissed as my dad laughed.

"What? He's all handsy." I wiggled my fingers at her as she swatted me.

"Well they are coming to dinner. So is Edward and I'd appreciate it if you were nice."

My eyes narrowed. "Why is he coming for dinner?" I asked. She sucked her cheeks in slightly.

"Oh you haven't."

"Well... I may- I didn't quiet mean for it to happen. See me and Beryl we talking..."

"Beryl?"

"Mrs Lewis then!" My mum snapped.

"Continue." I replied folding my arms.

"I happened to mention you were home, and before I could say anything else I had you set up for a dinner date.."

I blinked "You're trying to set me up?"

Was my love life that bad?!

"Yes. Well no, because that sounds bad. I'm just showing you that there are plenty of fish in the sea and he's a nice young man who's just became a lawyer."

"Dad." I spoke.

"I'm not getting involved darling. You wouldn't have Aaron and now I'll sell you for a camel!"

I gasped "A camel!"

"Or alpaca..." He replied pulling his newspaper down and mustering over the idea.

"Alpaca seems better.. They spit don't they? Always find that funny." He smiled and disappeared again.

These people!

"I'm perfectly capable of finding a man myself."

"Are you? Because that jackass hurt my beautiful baby." My mum began to fuss making me pull away.