3| Welcome or Not Welcome

Anakin's POV

I hugged Laza on the ship ramp while we waited for everyone else. I couldn't be dark anymore especially after the death of my child, that I could've protected.

"Master Windu and Master Yoda won't trust you," she told me.

"I know," I said.

"I missed you," she said.

"I missed you too," I told her.

"For a while I actually believed you were completely gone," she told me.

"I never was, I felt so trapped, but when I found out about our child and I couldn't cope anymore," I explained with tears trailing down my face.

We pulled apart from the hug so she was looking at me, I still held her waist and her hands were on the back of my head. "It's alright, I'm just so happy to see you're okay," she said kissed me before hugging me again.

I sensed everyone running to us, we broke the hug and got on the ship. Laza closed the ship after everyone got on and flew it away from the imperial ship.

"Anakin?" I heard Ahsoka choke.

I turned around, "hey Snips."

She ran up to me and wrapped her arms around me. I hugged her back, "why'd you leave?" She said.

"To save Laza and then I don't know," I told her.

"I'm just glad you're you again," we pulled apart, I noticed she was crying.

"I'm so proud of you," I assured her.

"You are?" She asked looking up at me.

"Of course I am," I told her. "And you're grown up." She laughed at my remark and started to wipe away her tears.

Obi Wan came up to me, "it's nice to see your back old friend," he said.

"Thanks, old man," I said and we hugged quickly.

"Uh, hey guys, I think Sidious is mad we took Anakin, we've got company!" Laza said.

"I'll take the gun," Ahsoka said.

"As will I," Mace said and flashed me a mean look, he never liked me.

"I'll be your co-pilot," Obi Wan said.

"You'll be Anakin's co-pilot," she smiled and let me pilot the ship, "you're the best pilot I know, start redeeming yourself in everyone else's eyes," she whispered in my ear.

"Well what're you gonna do?" I asked beginning to steer the ship.

"I'm gonna go shoot some things," she said and ran for the gun chair on the other side of the cockpit.

I spiraled the ship in between two fighters and straightened us out to let them shoot the fighters down. I circled three after and we took those out. I swung us around and let them shoot down the last two fighters.

Laza turned the gun chair around catching her breath, "you've officially amazed me."

I laughed at her remark and continued our route to Coruscant.