10| Saved

Maul's POV

I picked Laza up, I knew she was still alive, but not for long. This is my chance to redeem my self.

"What happened?" Ki-Adi Mundi asked.

"This trooped attacked Laza, I did what I had to do to stop him," I told him.

"Okay, I'll get the trooper restrained and on the ship, take care of the General," he order.

I brought Laza to the ship and laid her on one of the benches. At least her neck isn't broken. Clone troopers carried on a stretched that held the clone trooper that tried to kill Laza.

"We have to hurry back, we're loosing her," I told him.

"Just a warning, Skywalker will be going insane when we get back and he sees her, I suggest you watch your back," he warned me.

"Okay," I said.

~

We finally landed on Coruscant. I picked up a barely alive Laza. I rushed her off the ship and saw Mace Windu and Obi Wan Kenobi.

"What has happened?" Mace Windu asked as Obi Wan took Laza from me.

"The clone tried to kill her," I told him.

"Stay here," he said and rushed Laza to the hospital.

"What've you done," Skywalker growled at me.

"The clone tried to kill her, if it wasn't for me she'd be dead," I told him backing away slowly.

"He's telling the truth, Young Skywalker," Ki-Adi Mundi said.

"You better be," he glared at me.

He left the launch pad, so did I.

Anakin's POV

I walked into the hospital up to Laza's room. She was unconscious on the bed and wearing a neck brace.

"What really happened?" I asked Obi Wan.

"Well so far, we know that Cody tried to kill her and Maul saved her. We are waiting for her to wake up, and if she can't tell us wait for her to get the neck brace off before we jump to conclusions," he told me.

"Why would Cody do that? They were like brother and sister," I thought out loud.

"A droid found a tumor in his brain, so did we. We had it removed, it's a microscopic chip. We don't know what it does and the Kaminoins are trying to convince us that it's an organic chip that keeps them from being hostile. We know they're lying, and we also know Laza would be able figure it out easily, so we have to wait for her to wake up and be able to talk," he explained.

"Wow," I said.

"She'll only have that brace on for a week or two, it's only swollen, not broken so she should be fine," he told me.

"Oh," I said still overwhelmed. I walked over to the side of the bed and knelt down on my knees and held her hand.

I love you, Laza. I told her telepathically. I don't know if she heard me, but I love her.