12| Together

Quick note: closer to the beginning I described Ahsoka's age (16-17), for those of us who forget that episode or haven't seen the Clone Wars that's what she looks like right now.
----------------------------------------------
Laza's POV

I woke up still curled up with Anakin. I didn't want to move, and I didn't need to move. I stayed there in his arms. I felt safe and protected from everything.

I do have to rest 24/7 so, may as well do what I'm told. I closed my eyes and fell back asleep.

Anakin's POV

My eyes slowly opened. I felt Laza still in my arms. I sensed Master Windu and Maul nearby.

"Aren't they breaking the Jedi order?" Maul said.

"Yeah, but does it look like they care?" Master Windu asked him.

"No, but can't you expel them?" Maul asked.

"Yes, yes I could, but I know Skywalker is the Chosen One and Laza is the Spark," he said.

"Interesting," Maul said. "But you could still expel them."

"I could, but I also don't want to. Laza has been like a daughter to me for the longest time. I trust her decisions, no matter how much I don't like them," he said.

"Oh," Maul said.

"Let's get out of here and wait for them to wake up," Master Windu said. Nice reason why they aren't expelling us. I sighed and fell back asleep.

~

I woke up and couldn't fall back asleep. I rubbed Laza's shoulder causing her to wake up. She looked up at me with tired eyes.

"I'm gonna go, I'll be back soon," I told her. She tried to nod and shut her eyes falling right back asleep. I pressed my lips to her forehead before leaving. 

I walked out of the hospital and into the temple. "Master!" Ahsoka called to me.

"Hey, Snips," I said walking up to her.

"How's Laza?" She asked.

"She's getting better, tomorrow she should be getting the brace off," I told her.

"That's good," she nodded.

"Yeah," I agreed.

"Commander Cody feels awful and is really worried about her," she added.

"Oh, well I'm glad he's back to himself and all the clones are more trustworthy now that they have those chips out," I said.

"Me too," she sighed. "Oh, Maul and Talon told the council what Sidious wants, but they won't tell me or anyone else."

"I wonder why," I said.

"Yeah, I don't know why they're hiding it from us," Ahsoka agreed.

I let out an audible exhale and tried to think of a reason why the council won't tell us. We could help them come up with a plan.

Ahsoka interrupted my thoughts, "Shaak Ti and I are going to our home world Shili, there is a civil war happening and we are going to help. I don't know how long I'll be gone," she told me.

"When are you leaving?" I asked.

"Tomorrow, hopefully Laza's neck brace will be off so we can say goodbye," she said.

"Yeah, I'm gonna miss you," I said.

"Same to you, Master," she said hugged me. I patted her back before we broke the hug. "I'm glad you trained me."

"I am too, just like I told you, you never would've made it as Obi Wan's padawan," I smiled. She laughed in agreement. "And if you ever need me while you're out there I'll be here," I told her.

"Thank you, Master," she said. I'm gonna miss her.